Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soundblock

Getting 100/100/100 to call it done

Hey. I'm just about done with a map of mine - Plasmaplant. Been playing through a buncg of times lately, to get 100% on secrets, monsters and items on skills 2, 3 and 4, in order to call it done and have it released.

However! To my chagrin, I can't currently always tally the monsters to 100, and I thought I would check here whether this is a known issue with large monster counts (ca 750 on UV from the start) to end up with an unsolvable monster completion rate at the interim screen? Or... have I just lost track of my monsters?

Argh! I've checked everywhere, but 3 remain missing at the end! Twice! :O

PS!
I'm running my map in ZDOOM 2.2.1553...

The monster count should be accurate, even with 750 monsters. I don't know if older ZDoom versions had a problem with monster counts though.

Why such an old ZDoom?
GZDoom 1.8.4 (and I presume the equivalent ZDoom version, 2.7.1 probably) has an automap option called "show things as sprites" which, when set to "rotated" will make things display on the map when you use IDDT*2. This is a good way to get an overview of your map and look for monsters that are still alive. Other ports might have similar options.

edit: Example, you can (sort of) see the lost souls, trapped and still alive.
http://i.imgur.com/rsD95J6.png

Bring down the console, type

kill monsters

If the kill count goes up to 100%, the remaining monsters were on the map and killable (e.g. not dormant/deactivated).

Enjay said:

Bring down the console, type

kill monsters

If the kill count goes up to 100%, the remaining monsters were on the map and killable (e.g. not dormant/deactivated).

<BOING>

(that's the powerup sound)

EDIT: found'em...