Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Merry Christmas everyone! Also, what did you get?

Nothing special. Box of candies, paper bag filled with different sorts of candies, a bundle of socks, new pants (suitable for colder temperatures) and a new hoodie. So, nothing particularly special on my end.
Oh, and a small bottle of Salty licorice, with a schnapps glass that works as a mini-disco when you pour stuff in.

Merry Christmas to ye folks.

sgt dopey said:

I got a 27" monitor, too bad its only 1080p. Oh and I got some other stuff too, but none of it was overly spectacular

60hz or 120hz?

Merry (even though as I stated in my bah humbug thread, I ain't got the Christmas spirit) Christmas, even though I have a pinched fuckin' nerve in my arm and my chest hurts whenever I inhale deeply or swallow anything.
Also I got money and clothes, which surprised the hell out of me since I didn't ask for anything.

I got a Kindle Fire HDX 7 inch, a Swiss Army Knife, cash in excess of $75 (I haven't counted all of it up yet), a $15 gift card to Taco Bell, a pair of pants, and assorted candy. Overall, it was a decent year.

So I mentioned I got money earlier. Yeah, the giver tried to confiscate it the next day for the power bill..

I think not, thats PS4 funding that cannot be accidentally spent.

scifista42 said:

Besides other things, I finally got myself (=I did let my relatives to buy me) the Heretic, Hexen and Strife IWADs, as well as full DN3D. I've never had these, and wanted them legally obtained. That's what I had told to my relatives when they had asked me before Christmas what I wanted. I couldn't think off anything, I didn't actually want anything but this, even though I could've bought it myself easily. They've got it for me, and I'm thankful for this present.

Should I feel ashamed anyhow for it (letting others to buy me IWADs), now I'm thinking? That's up to everyone's consideration.

Merry Christmas everyone!

More like Strife disc :p

I highly doubt the IWAD is now purchasable.

My girlfriend got a lot of expensive things from her parents. Then they flop one last gift for not just her, but her and I. The us that we are. Made me worry. It was some giant gift. We opened it and it was a set of pots and pans. She already has a set, but anyway, the reason why it was for us is that everyone in her family knows that she doesn't cook. I cook for her. I'm just really stunned they'd buy someone cookware that doesn't cook and already has cookware. Eh, whatever.

Speaking of useless gifts. My gf gave me 2 coats. 2 coats? I already have like 5. Then her parents gave me... 2 more coats. 2 more coats? wtf? How cold do they think I am? I only wear the 1 coat.

My family grew a bunch recently. We finally concluded it was stupid trying to have everybody give everybody else a gift or six, so we made a (semi) secret-santa setup. It doesn't quite work because some people can't stop buying things. Also, my bday is close enough to Christmas that the two are often combined.

The list so far:

• 3x PJ pants (old t-shirts make great tops)
  • ludicrously soft blanket for my futon
  • S\some weird tea that smells good.
  • bamboo box to hold the ridiculous number of teabags I consume
  • CD tower shaped like a UK phone box
  • shitload of chocolate
  • huge tin of toffees
  • lottery ticket
  • loads of cash - haven't tallied that
  • tree ornament made from hand-blown Bristol blue glass
  • very warm hoodie
  • three different bottles of beer
  • ~18' facsimile of the Doctor's scarf This is the best thing ever. It's so stupidly huge, warm, colourful, and soft. Old friends with too much time on their hands make Christmas full of win.

yukib1t said:

Candle making set, some pentacle earrings, some clothes, a new phone, and some Steam credit.

Make some cherry scented candles. That smell is awesome.

Once again I got a $20 PSN gift card. Is there anything out in the past year worth getting?

geo said:

Make some cherry scented candles. That smell is awesome.

I'll be sure to try some! I think I just need to get a good cherry oil somewhere, which shouldn't be too hard. I've also got some oil mixtures from an online shop that I want to use first.

My family do a 'secret santa' - I was my sister's santee, and received: some pink bunny ears (an in-joke), five tapes of mostly noise and drone music, a Tomytronic 3D 'Sky Attack' Game, and a liquid container of some sort (unsure).

My partner gave me a new keyboard (Filco Majestouch 2).

Some books from my Dad.

Oh, and my partner's parents gave me a new teapot (a Bodum 'Assam' tea press).

Newer presents I only just got from the rest of my family now include a card holder case, a reading/book light and $80.

I received a few presents and my favorite was a wind-up pocket watch.

Grazza said:

A Roomba. I'm not sure if it is a present for my cat or for my wife.

Damn I hate it when they go off in the middle of the night which makes me think theirs a robber in my house, until I find out its going around in circles in my bathroom. >:(