Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gez

ZDCMP2: Happy Doomsday Edition (RC2)

I'm also having the issue where it crashes after a couple minutes in, with both GZDoom and ZDoom. I've updated to the latest dev builds as of today (GZDoom, 1.9pre-406 and ZDoom, 2.8pre-183).

What kind of crash? Do you get the crash report window, does it abort with an error message, does it become unresponsive and completely freeze, or does it silently crash to desktop?

Gez said:

What kind of crash? Do you get the crash report window, does it abort with an error message, does it become unresponsive and completely freeze, or does it silently crash to desktop?

I get the crash report window ("ZDoom Very Fatal Error") with "Access Violation" (always 00000000 trying to be read each time it crashes, too) in the "Summary" area. Not sure what relevant details I should post from this window.

Edit://
Ok, just tried ZDoom again, and it seemed to work fine for the brief time that I played it (about 15 minutes). Tried GZDoom again, but still got the same crash within a couple of minutes of playing it. So, just GZDoom crashing, it seems.

Edit2://
My system specs, just in case:
Windows 7 32-bit
GeForce GTX 260
AMD Phenom II X3 720 (2800 Mhz)
4GB RAM

Edit3://
Well, I wish I had figured this out before submitting a bug report, but turns out I copied over the latest GZDoom revison (1.9pre-406 as of now) but to the wrong location and still had ZDL pointing to an older revision. I've sorted that out now, and ZDCMP2 RC2 seems to be working fine, crash free.

Edit4://
Well, I'll just edit this post again because I don't want to bump the thread for this. I just finished the map, and wow, that one was heck of an experience! Excellent job to all those involved! I'll have to go back and grab all the secrets some time.

That was incredible. What a ride and a half. Thanks to everyone involved!

Is there gonna be a final release or is RC2 that release? Always looking for an excuse to dive back in and grab all the secrets! Unless NG+ auctally opens up new areas :O

ETPC said:

Unless NG+ auctally opens up new areas :O

It doesn't. You can get triple 100% on the first run-through! I know, I did (only once, though, generally I manage to miss some monsters and items).

I can't remember what I wrote about it when the first beta was released. But with this one I can say that everything up until the fort bit is great. Once you get to that bit though, everything falls apart. The fort assault is frustrating with those robots spamming bouncing projectiles and problems with shooting them at all (with mouselook and no autoaim). Hell is a lot weaker than the base sections. Way too many annoying homing projectiles flying from all directions and subpar gameplay / visuals compared to the first 2/3 of the map.