Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SavageCorona

Guess what? Another "life threatening event" to hit Southern England

Hellbent said:

cool. I mean, shitty. 30mph winds are already battering the coast. Meanwhile, across the pond

Yeah, it's going to warm up in minnesota over the next few days thankfully. Should be very nice. It was -30 this morning, but it's going to get cold again and stay there for most of next week.

I think it hit below thirty here in Canada. It's suppose to warm up by Saturday.

I actually like it when it' cold. Less chance of snow.

It's 45 degrees here in Orlando, Florida. Not even gonna get to 60 degrees today. Man, this is tough....well, gotta bust out my old coat and try to soldier through it.

6°C (43°F) in south-west England. There's been two heavy but brief hailstorms, and a few lightning strikes. Relatively strong wind has been constant.

EDIT: I saw on BBC news yesterday that Canadian temperatures could drop as low as -46°C (-51°F) over the next couple of days.
Bit nippy.

I'd rather have a -60 F windchill (yup, that could happen this weekend; edit: now the warning is talking about -65 F) than a huge storm and heavy flooding.

MN also missed out on the recent snowstorm, so really we're sitting pretty.

Technician said:

I think it hit below thirty here in Canada. It's suppose to warm up by Saturday.

I actually like it when it' cold. Less chance of snow.

What humidity though?

Thankfully it's only around 32 degrees Fahrenheit where I live in northwest Georgia, though it was a rather bitter 16 degrees this morning. Ouch for me.

Shit, maybe the winter storm up north won't last too long, Hellbent. :c

Up here in scandinavia we got exceptionally mild winter, rather british winter with no snow and plus degrees. I'm used having 40cm of snow and -25c degrees

72 hours of Snow in Chicago. I think we got a foot by the time it was all over. 2 hours later roads were really nice, because they decided to salt. Roads were awful for those 72 hours. Especially in Cook County where it seemed like there were no plows for New years eve and day.

But with all that being said.... MN is much worse every year.

geo said:

72 hours of Snow in Chicago. I think we got a foot by the time it was all over. 2 hours later roads were really nice, because they decided to salt. Roads were awful for those 72 hours. Especially in Cook County where it seemed like there were no plows for New years eve and day.

Anything like this:

That's a bad snowstorm.

It got up to 1 degree Farenheit, today, here in southwestern Massachusetts. Meanwhile, in Anchorage, AK it's 32 degrees.

I love cold weather, but what they're predicting as far as windchills go might be just a bit too cold for me.

Meanwhile, it got up to 65 F here in Colorado earlier today. But tonight and tomorrow we're supposed to have snow while it drops to the mid 20s.

Temperature was hitting -30C (-22F for American folks) these few days. Over in Alberta they hit -50C (-58F) where the steam from boiling water immediately precipitated back into snow.

I threw some boiling water up into the air this morning, but it was only -6. Most of it turned into a fine powdery mist that floated away, but some droplets of water made it to the ground. But it actually looked just like this:

btw, it's currenlty -26F in Yellowknife.

Monday in Minnesota is going to be cold:

Temperatures will start Monday in the minus 30s across northern Minnesota and the minus 20s to the south, then will not climb above 10 below zero statewide during the day.

Every Minnesota community will record dangerously cold AccuWeather.com RealFeel® temperatures of 40 below zero or lower every hour of Monday.

The dangerous cold invading Minnesota has forced Governor Mark Dayton to close K-12 public schools statewide on Monday--the first such order by a Minnesota governor this century.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/minnesota-schools-closed-cold/21707657

It gets that cold in Edmonton a few times a year. They tend not to cancel school for it. Maybe we're crazy. Come to think of it, my elementary school never cancelled recess unless it was colder than -22C, though I'm sure they had a teacher inside for the students of families too stupid to send their kids with ski pants.

It's going to be a blistering 75 degrees in L.A. tomorrow. Better bundle up before I go outside!

(for the record, I miss having seasons)

Snakes said:

(for the record, I miss having seasons)

You would enjoy Hobart, we often have 3 or 4 per day and sometimes up to half a dozen in a week.

GreyGhost said:

You would enjoy Hobart, we often have 3 or 4 per day and sometimes up to half a dozen in a week.

Tell me about it. I've just travelled from Launceston where it was around 20 and quite warm, up to Cradle Mountain two hours away and it's around 7 celsius pissing down rain and even snowing up at the peak near Dove Lake. I thought Melbourne weather was schizo but Tassie takes the cake.

It's 54F right now where I live and is forecast to be 7 tonight. That is quite the pendulum swing if I ever....

GreyGhost said:

Sounds an awful lot like St. Louis, actually.

It's 47 F right now in Orlando, Florida.....feels like 35. Overnight low is 32 but will feel like 23!