Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
William Blazkowicz

This sounds like Facing the Spider (e3m8)

Should anyone be surprised? I thought it was common knowledge that Bobby based many of the tracks around borrowed riffs and passages.

One of the early versions of Facing the Spider that Romero posted on his blog is EXACTLY the same as Sargent D and the S.O.D.

Yeah, D_E3M8 is basically Sargent D and no other song.

Makes me wonder who brought a Stormtroopers of Death CD to the id software offices in the first place. Adrian C., maybe?

TimeOfDeath said:

Since when does E1M3 sound like Criminally Insane

The drum line at the beginning is the only similarity I can find.

I know for a fact that, maybe a year or two ago, somebody posted the song that E1M3 is really based on. It was an industrial rock song, but I can't remember the title or band name, and I can't find the thread in which it was posted.

Hellish Godzilla said:

I know for a fact that, maybe a year or two ago, somebody posted the song that E1M3 is really based on. It was an industrial rock song, but I can't remember the title or name, and I can't find the thread in which it was posted.

Do you know which band is it from?

Hectic said:

Do you know which band is it from?

Afraid not - which reminds me that I simply wrote "name" instead of "band name" in that post. Whoops. :P

printz said:

What about chronologically reverse inspiration?

Morbid Angel: Disturbance in the Great Slumber sounds a lot like D_E1M5, and the guys like Doom.

Morbid Angel? Not surprised in the slightest. His guitarist is a well known Doom fan and has released a custom Doom WAD before...not good at all, to tell you the truth.

He should stick to be great at the guitar and nothing else.