Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Nope.

I asked him about it a couple of weeks ago and he said that he hasn't really done anything Doom related since a short while after releasing the first part of Scythe X.

He has a couple more maps for Scythe X somewhere but nothing more than that.

I personally doubt he will make a comeback to the Doom scene in the near future at least as he has a lot of things going on with work and such.

Source: I'm his brother.

That's a shame, I was hoping that the rest of Scythe X would get completed as I really enjoyed the Scythe series and his contributions to Endgame amongst other maps.

He has retired due to lack of ideas. But those Scythe megawads were freaking fantastic!

This is sad news. But it is a bit understandable. I mean, the guy was a mapping machine and it seemed likely that he would eventually run out of ideas or just burn himself out.

It still sucks though :(

At least he's alive... Phew! Best wishes.

I'm serious. I don't know why, but whenever there's a topic along the lines of "say, where's X?" on a forum like this, it inevitably turns out that X has committed suicide/died from cancer/got in a car crash etc...

Biggs said:

Nope.

I asked him about it a couple of weeks ago and he said that he hasn't really done anything Doom related since a short while after releasing the first part of Scythe X.

I personally doubt he will make a comeback to the Doom scene in the near future at least as he has a lot of things going on with work and such.

Source: I'm his brother.

Oh shit, hey Biggs. Do you still have those 2 maps you completed by chance? I remember playing them when I first joined the community and would totally want to look at them again. So much potential there...

As a side-note, I figured this was the case some time back in 2010 so it comes as no surprise to me. That being said, it's still a bit sad that my favorite mapper is, in all likelihood, gone from the Doom scene probably for good. Guess I'll always be able to enjoy the challenge of trying to finish X-treme Map02 from a pistol start, though.

Thanks for the update.

Well I'm not really feeling sad about Erik ceasing any form of dooming/mapping activities. I mean, he did churn out two timeless and highly replayable megawads (and other maps) that we all know and love; that in itself is highly commendable.

At least we do know what he's up to so indeed, thanks for the update.

Well tell him to come say hi in #nightmare some time. :)

He's still the best sp mapper I've ever seen.

Biggs said:

"Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done."