Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scuba Steve

Urban Brawl: Dead of Winter

True, but it's little touches to make for a more complete experience. The weapons at start were my main point.

It's really nice to see a little expansion for Urban Brawl though it really just makes me want MOAR!

Here's hoping for an Easter pack. :P

Seriously though, this is great stuff. Probably the best TC for Doom I've played. Also, just wondering, could Dead of Winter be added to the iwad so that I could just keep it permanently attached to UB? It would certainly be cooler to use with ZDL. :)

If you use ZDoom, an alternative is to put the PWAD into the autoload of your zdoom.ini:

[UrbanBrawl.Autoload]
Path=Put your/dow wad/link here

This only makes sense if you are able to launch the original AD2 campaign still after doing so, which I assume to be the case.

NightFright said:

If you use ZDoom

It's Urban Brawl. It only runs on ZDoom (or recent derivative).

Awesome! 2 of my cousins love Action Doom 1 and 2, I even made myself a Action Doom shirt! Thanks Scuba Steve (:

I just came across this, very cool. Reminds me of Streets of Rage! Anyway, I downloaded Action Doom and Dead of Winter. The text file says that both are required to play and that you use "brawl.exe," however this execute wasn't included in either zip file. Am I missing a necessary download or misunderstanding the .txt file? Hate to complain, but I'd really like the full experience with the sound track.

brawl.exe was a renamed zdoom.exe packaged with the original release of Urban Brawl. That part of the readme must simply not have been updated.

Holy crap! I'm so getting this... Thanks Steve! You're one of the best DOOMERS ever!!!
But you should still finish Ghostbusters. I think others would second that.

Is anyone else getting broken melee weapons when they run ad2dow.wad? Some weapons (like the brown bottle, Jack Daniel's bottle, rusty pipe and the nail plank) start off with the weapon durability bar completely red, along with the weapon looking already broken (bottles.) Also, I'm not able to drop the affected weapons. Other than that, 5/5.

Nevermind, it's just windows selecting multiple files weird again. But the weird thing is is that when I drop the UB zip (with DoW tossed in) then dragged it onto the zdoom exe, it was all broken. However, doing the same thing but with ZDL it works fine.