Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
litwr

1killtng demos [-complevel 2]

Thank you! I hope you also enjoy this wad. The shown way to make arch-viles at map01 is astonishing! How long did it take to find it?

I tried this wad several times but something always puts me off. Can't quite put it in words. One theory is that the monster density is just too high for me. Every room is stuffed with enemies and often it's just cannon fodder, not a real threat. And as far as I remember, you aren't given that much rockets/plasma so it isn't even mindless fun like in many Kama Sutra maps for example.

Some of the designs are quite cool and unique though. MAP31 is very sick.

Map03 UV-Max 4:10

Thanks!
For map 01 it was the third exit (the first one was on god-mode)
and it's obvious easy way to deal with those arch-viles.
Even if they hit you, you have plenty of hp.

1k03-410.zip

Map 01 UV max in 7:32, first exit.
Map 01 Nomo in 0:20.94.

Based on map 01, I kind of agree with Memfis that the map had too many monsters and not enough rockets and plasma to make it very enjoyable to max.

1k01.zip

Memfis said:

MAP31 is very sick.

wow! just played it and its quite challenging I like it. But one monster wasnt reachable for me in the outern area
tricks are rather nasty and the "cage" one with barons is just time base or what?

Yes, it is time based ("door close, wait 30 seconds and open" type action) and it's important to know that each line of that key pedestal has that trigger so I guess it might be a good idea to try and cross them all before fighting. (so you don't wait 30 seconds, then activate the trigger again and wait 30 more seconds)

Which monster was unreachable btw?

Did some quick speedruns for map 04, so I'll post them in this thread.

Map 04 Pacifist in 0:03 (Also Reality).
Map 04 NM-Speed in 0:03.
Map 04 Nomo in 0:03.26.

1k04.zip

litwr said:

UV Max, Map01, 7:32, without any preparation - is this right?!

I watched GrumpyCat's max, and I noticed a bunch of changes that could be done to speed it up (like getting the green armor first and going to the super shotgun quicker). I had some attempts prior to this that failed at before I reached the super shotgun. This is the first time I actually got the super shotgun and killed all the monsters in the first area, and the first time I exited. So, it's not a first attempt demo, but it didn't take too long.

Memfis said:

Yes, it is time based ("door close, wait 30 seconds and open" type action) and it's important to know that each line of that key pedestal has that trigger so I guess it might be a good idea to try and cross them all before fighting. (so you don't wait 30 seconds, then activate the trigger again and wait 30 more seconds)

Which monster was unreachable btw?

on your way to the teleport which leads to the yellowkey (and that cool trap area before). There are some floating shits there, and those usually rise up to get slain, but there was a monster not flying up. I wondered if it was actually an imp. at least it was shooting some w/e-balls

I tried map 31 on -fast, there are two problems =)
One with that second caco, waited more than minute, it don't want to go up.
Second is with the cross trap with cacos and av, very low chances of surviving.
Saving megasphere helps but then the first part is pure hell,
and i can't reach the elevator to the cave...

Also slow and dirty pacifist:
Map07 Pacifist 1:45

1k07p145.zip

MAP12 UV Max in 9:47. "Strage (!) Universe" gets often negative reviews, and I was actually lured to this map by "MAP12 is just terrible" bit by @NuMetalManiak  I like it, though,  because it is unorthodox.

1k12-947.zip