Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xxbio Warfare11

Another pc problem....

So I recently got a newer PC a week ago. It has windows 7 professional and its a gaming PC. But my problem is that out of nowhere I get a blue screen error. Now I thought that maybe it was a driver problem. So I uninstalled my graphics card driver and then reinstalled it. Along with a few others. The blue screen still shows up. So then I run a memory diagnostics test. The test came up with nothing and said there were no errors throughout the test. The blue screen seems to show up randomly. even when just sitting on my desktop. Any advice?? Also I have the mini dump files if anyone wishes to view them?

Use a hammer, give it a few really good dings. Chances of success for this method have been proven to be in the high 2%-3%. Can't go wrong.

I don't suppose you tried a tech support site/forum first?

I suggest a different website other than Doomworld to look for help, first off.

Being said, a random Blue Screen could really be anything. My old PC used to BSOD because of a faulty Wi-Fi adapter. It's really hard to find out when the Blue Screen doesn't have an obvious pattern to it.

If the BSODs are truly random and not tied to any particular behavior, it may be overheating. Get a temp monitor program.

Sorry, but a BSOD could be indicative of dozens of possible problems in the configuration, the software and/or the hardware. It's impossible to make accurate remote diagnoses without full access to the machine (that includes screwdrivers and voltmeters).

The "best" you can get in those cases are generic pieces of "good advice". You'd be better off heading for a local technician or bribe some techie/computer nerd friend of yours with a beer and/or promises of hooking him up with some pussy, knowhatimean?

Actually, what you have here is a couple of easy and cheap possibilities to be eliminated BEFORE you spend a shitload of money and/or time to have your entire system dismantled.

Occam's Razor and all that.

Another vote for overheating. If your BIOS supports temperature warnings, try setting them to something modest like 70ÂșC and see how soon they start beeping.

My computer got a bunch of blue screens a few days ago...I scanned the disk for errors and ran diagnostics, yet it said there were no problems. The blue screens started right after I installed EA Origin. The blue screens stopped after I uninstalled Origin. Probably just a coincidence. The minidumps showed that the blue screens were apparently caused by random things for no real reason: ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0, DAEMON Tools Lite, ZoneAlarm Firewall, NVIDIA graphics drivers...those things never caused problems before, and I didn't install anything else besides Origin on the day the blue screens started.

Anyway, the BSOD can be caused by any number of things...is there a particular pattern to the crash details? E.g., are they bad_pool_header errors, are they caused by a specific driver file, or is it random each time? As mentioned before, it could be overheating, or it could be a software issue.

Pics of the error msg from the reliability monitor or it didn't happen. :p

Seriously, why does nobody ever post the error when they get a BSOD? Some of them even tell you what driver is borked. On the other hand, some of them happen when the mobo gets too cold because a cracked solder join separated. Stupid Asus.

Other things to check: power supply, motherboard bad caps, and memory tests once again (and I mean overnight, multiple painstaking passes, not just 1 pass). Also use memtest for this job, not Windows' built-in memory diagnostics.

Got warranty? Can't you just take it back to the store for repair/replacement, or contact whoever built it?

Failing that, you could start by using the internet to find out what the common causes of BSODs are, and follow the advice you come across. But there's so many things - or a combination of things - which could be causing this, and you're not making it easier for strangers on an internet forum by not even showing us what kind of error it is.