Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Springy

Looking for a few graphics designers. [Blasphemer].

I really, really hate to ask this but over the past few months development of Blasphemer has been dragging very slowly this is due to a couple of factors; people who have been relatively busy and lack of people with the ability to create graphics from scratch. Our next release (possibly landing in 3057) requires that a lot of the graphics are done before we can make a lot more heavy progress on the designing of the levels and I came to ask if there's any people who can make graphics from scratch to see if they're perhaps willing to contribute as this in turn will motivate our current graphical wizard and in turn speed up development. Of course, this is a contribute when you want to basis but I have made it one of my priorities of this year to push out at least one release. We do have a channel for means of communication and our forums can be found here.

I have thought to ask the Freedoom team if they perhaps would like to contribute but I don't particularly want to disturb them but if you're interested please either post a response here, on the forums or come visit us in our IRC channel over on irc.zandronum.com #Blasphemer, (without the comma obviously) thank you for your time. I hope this year we can get at least one, maybe two releases.

Bucket said:

What kind of graphics?

Weapon sprites and projectiles for now. Enemies are later after part of the DM side is done.

Am neck deep in DoomLegacy release right now, with major rework of Map19 too.

But what graphics are missing, or what graphics have been done ?
I know there are a few weapons.
Are these better placeholders or is there some plan for creating a set of weapons that look good together.
Would save some trouble if there was a design description to tie these critter together, so don't end up with wildly conflicting designs.

Descriptions like:
( pick a themic appearance: glossy, matte, metallic, gothic, elvish, orgish, irish, gnomish, alchemic, wizardry, ?? )
( dark, light, medium )
( strong contrast, soft contrast )
( muscled, smooth, twisted )

I had thoughts of doing a few connected level maps, but am not sure what is done, or if any have been claimed already.

Well, considering the game is dark fantasy inspired wizardry and gothic style sprites would give the impression that it a dark fantasy game. Not all weapon sprites are done and the necro cannon really needs an edit along with missing projectiles which need to be done, heck, even the player sprite is missing at the moment but we haven't knocked up designs yet. Our wiki contains all the information including sprite list, map list etc. But top priority is DM preparation so the weapons, projectiles and player sprite are this revisions targets. Hopefully that answers the question.

I have run Blasphemer on DoomLegacy.
It is directly supported as an IWAD, and has a game setting
>> doomlegacy -game blasphem

The problems that I saw seemed to be due to missing wad resources.

wesleyjohnson said:

I have run Blasphemer on DoomLegacy.
It is directly supported as an IWAD, and has a game setting
>> doomlegacy -game blasphem

The problems that I saw seemed to be due to missing wad resources.

I can run it fine if that's what you're asking. A lot of graphics are still missing. Gwessner appears to have gone but I am certain that coding has been done.

It's great to see that there's still some activity on Blasphemer, even if the project is currently fairly quiet. Last time I heard, the HYMN community project was going to donate its maps to Blasphemer. Is that still the case?

fraggle said:

It's great to see that there's still some activity on Blasphemer, even if the project is currently fairly quiet. Last time I heard, the HYMN community project was going to donate its maps to Blasphemer. Is that still the case?

I haven't thought too much about it. I might chase Egregor about it I still have a barrage of maps sent to me from an author not too long ago (a whole episode) which I need to get around to testing. Oh, thanks Death, I'll check that out tomorrow.