Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Doomworld Mega Project 2014 - final versions up

I have a crappy "The Crusher" remake that's been collecting dust on my hard drive for a couple of years that could go into this. All it needs is some health balancing across the various difficulty levels and it would be done. Not worth releasing by itself, and I'm tired of it taking up hard drive space.

I have another map that just needs items in it (and some minor texturing) and it would be done as well.

I might do both and let you guys pick whichever is the less shitty one and that one can go into the project.

Go ahead and sign me up.

I will make something for this. Debated doing something for the 2013 project but I ended up pretty busy in December so it didn't happen. But this year I'll make something.

For the sake of being a good sport, I suppose I'll jump in and actually put some effort into a submission this time 'round. Pencil me in.

Ed said:

I'll make one of Essel does one.

I don't care if this is a typo, I really want to see you make a map of someone else making a map.

Count me in again :)
Working on a couple of wars for other projects atm so it'll be a few weeks before I submit mine.

Dave

TimeOfDeath said:

◘ new textures, flats, animated textures, music, sprites, DECORATE, etc. are ALLOWED, as long as you don't replace original stuff from doom2.wad

What about voxels? I'm designing some for use as structural elements.

You can include custom whatever (with permission) as long as the custom stuff doesn't replace iwad stuff and only appears in your map.

I failed to make a map for the 2013 project but this time, I think I wanna sign up for this and actually contribute a map.

Nuxius said:

I have a crappy "The Crusher" remake that's been collecting dust on my hard drive for a couple of years that could go into this. All it needs is some health balancing across the various difficulty levels and it would be done. Not worth releasing by itself, and I'm tired of it taking up hard drive space.

I have another map that just needs items in it (and some minor texturing) and it would be done as well.

I might do both and let you guys pick whichever is the less shitty one and that one can go into the project.

Joining both is a bad idea? Just asking...

Working on my map. Should be all done in about a week or so.

@TimeOfDeath: I am interested in contributing a map to this project. However, I am preoccupied with my own 35 level deathmatch megawad "Deathmatch Revival" (DMR.wad), so It will take me quite a while to craft a decent single player map. You can pencil my name in though.

Would you like to incorporate the sounds from the Playstation Doom version? I personally think they are pretty badass and better than the original PC version sounds. I can give them to you If you want.

For anyone who remembers the project Hadephobia with the irky, mostly cramped and stuffed Cell-levels, it wouldn't be unfamiliar if I'm telling you about "Pre-Destined Mortality", originally was going to occupy the MAP26 slot, later moved to MAP33 due to being exuberant and increasingly playing like shit. The original concept of it was thrown away soon after it was revealed to me to do something with that damn nukage link thing or whatsoever, replacing my idea with additional curves and roundabouts in various places, most of which turned out to be unnecessarily heavy-playing and hard to acquire any points in.

The good thing is that recently I've tracked off a MAP26.wad file on my hard drive, which is the very-initial form of a redesign/redux of the originally published Pre-Destined Mortality. Given how much potential the map does have, I'm willing to do the entire over-renoval to give this map (along with the term "Pre-Destined Mortality") a better history and fate than it originally turned out. Less aggressive and more gamer-focused gameplay, with the heavy detailing still given, but less interrupting.

I remember I've started to work on Pre-Destined Mortality back then in 2011 on the 9th of May. So, whatever it turns out, the - at least - first publish airdate will be 9 May 2014. If finished by then, the last as well.

A little early but sure, sign me in again ;)

On the bright side, we do have quite some time to make a map.

I know I failed to actually come through with a contribution for DWMP2012 and have recently said that I don't see a lot of point in these projects I think I'll volunteer anyway. I'm trying to keep the mapping burn going this year and I think the best way to do it would be plenty of shorter, punchy releases throughout the year. Besides, I can always convince myself it's a competition or something and my goal can be "make a really good map".