Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doominator2

Doom World Title requirements

That gave me a good giggle.

On a side note, it'd be cool to see someone wandering around with "I must be Lüt" as their title. I'm still not sure about the legitimacy of that one. :P

Hmm... Subtle. If I were one for reverse psychology I'd probably be pretty proud now. As it is though: Dammit!

EDIT: Well, in the spirit of good humour, I've just spent half an hour trying to draw a stapler (red, naturally).

Custom titles seem to be random and vary on an admin's mood to do such.

I really dread to think what mine would be. On the subject of custom titles, someone has to explain Hellbent's title and the reason of that one, heh. That has to be the best one I've seen so far.

Mr. Chris said:

Custom titles seem to be random and vary on an admin's mood to do such.

Or if you're really nice and ask, sometimes they'll bestow a blessing upon you.

Springy said:

On the subject of custom titles, someone has to explain Hellbent's title and the reason of that one, heh. That has to be the best one I've seen so far.

That's from last August 2012, when Hellbent was without a custom title and created a Blog thread to commemorate his 4,000th post (Forum Legend). One of the admins (possibly Lüt) must have decided a new custom title was the best way to mark that milestone.

Avoozl said:

I wonder if anyone has "Senile Member" as their title.

Might be mine after my next (60th) birthday.

EDIT - How time flies

I was soooo stoked to reach the estimable Forum Legend! (Not that I ever posted with the aim to boost my post count). And then.. wham! Humiliation and disappointment shattered 13 years of forum dedication :(. I miss my original custom title, granted upon request, no less: Guinness Gulper, though I have toned down my Guinness drinking considerably since back in the day when I requested the title.

Pretty amusing how this thread is a spawning ground for custom titles. :D I also laughed out loud when I noticed Phobus picked up an extra 'r' at the end of his custom title. Took me a moment to realize his custom title wasn't quite right ;) (then again, I just had three beers. Stouts, even [not Guinness; a local microbrew called Black Bear Stout].

I just went back to the Hellbent blog for amusement. Instead I found within the most-embarassing, worst post of my time here.

Disappointed. Would not read again.

Every thread about custom titles, results in a few being handed out. Pretty sure Esselfortium gave me mine in one such thread.

Phobus said:

EDIT: Well, in the spirit of good humour, I've just spent half an hour trying to draw a stapler (red, naturally).

Now your avatar looks like an evil Crow T. Robot. :p

Ha, having looked up the character I see what you mean. I realised as soon as I was done that my stapler (drawn from observation no less, although mine is translucent and blue) looked a lot like a mouth and so positioned the eyes appropriately. Looks like my artistic talents need some developing :P

GreyGhost said:

It's more likely to have been Julian

Huh. A ninja edit by a ninja staff member I didnt even know existed. Ah well, in my memory it seemed like the kind of thing Essel would do :p

I know mine is because I wanted my username changed back after the first request because I realized it should've stayed the same.

Avoozl said:

I know mine is because I wanted my username changed back after the first request because I realized it should've stayed the same.

Also, that custom title fits well, since you keep changing avatar time to time. :D

invictius said:

I want to see what's in the losers forum, only without actually becoming one.

I'm not really sure, but I think that's not possible. I read somewhere (maybe in a Post Hell thread?) that asking that kind of stuff will get you losered/banned, which in turn will create some sort of "paradox" (is he asking to see the losers forum? Loser him!). I don't know if it's really like that, but just to be sure, don't do it. You'll probably regret it.

EDIT: Orthography.
EDIT2: I'm an idiot. Also, you could try asking someone who's been losered.

Zed said:

I'm not really sure, but I think that's not possible.

It has been known to happen, as with other perks on these forums it's a matter of asking an Admin.