• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Post your Doom video! [but don't quote video]

Rubilacxe said:

Generations: Playing Quake II as Doom - Part 10

Haha - liked!
I fondly remember this mod which we used to play from time to time in multiplayer... so much fun and laughter especially when playing with Hans... raises memories of overclocked PII + Nivida TNT stuff.

Jayextee said:

A tiny bit more of my Doom-engine game.

this looks really nice. does a website exist for it? I'd be interested to follow this project further.

joe-ilya said:

[yt]

Fistful of steel - a random doomworld member

Hey, that's mine! Probably one of my better 30 minute maps, that one.

Obsidian said:

Hey, that's mine! Probably one of my better 30 minute maps, that one.

Oh yeah, that's you! I totally forgot it's you who made it.

MajorRawne said:
Why aren't my videos appearing

When you use the YouTube tag, you only need the little bit of code at the end of the link, not the entire link.

For your videos, it would look like this:

(yt)-xioP_yrZrE(/yt)

(yt)h1XruYcS2zs(/yt)

Of course, you would need to use brackets [ ] instead of parentheses ( )

Lol never liked this song, well the music itself is cool but the singer is fsdfghsdhjs shut up bitch (actually not sure if that's a man or a woman).

fraggle said:

GothicDM in Freedoom.

Many fond memories playing Gothic DM. I also loved Team TNT's Deathmatch Megawads, like Bloodlands and Grievance.

Here's another one, this one shows off Freedoom's Plutonia compatibility. I recorded it using Chocolate Doom's pseudo-GUS emulation feature for the music, and Freedoom's GUS configuration still isn't too great - particularly the percussion. Funnily enough though for the music in PL2 MAP01 it actually works out pretty well: the drumming in the background sounds kind of jungle-like, which fits the theme of the level.

fraggle said:

[yt]

That's very interesting but how did you get freedoom to load with PL2? It uses plutonia textures too, or is there a version compbitable with plutonia?

I know there exists FreeDoom versions of Final Doom textures, albeit a lot of them aren't particularly pretty (having "TNT PLACEHOLDER" or similar plastered directly onto the texture). I don't know if they're included directly into the Doom 2 variant of the IWAD, or just the textures-only resource WAD on the site, but they exist.

Shadow Hog is correct: freedoom2.wad includes compatible replacements for the plutonia.wad and tnt.wad textures, so that it should (theoretically) be able to run any WADs designed to run with the Final Doom IWADs. Some of the textures are placeholders that we're working to replace (I added replacements for the TNT Egypt textures the other day).

EDIT: Did some work yesterday to improve Freedoom's DMXGUS lump, so the music is now much better than it is as seen in that video. The GUS config is now pretty much as good as Doom's, though there's still some room for improvement. Certainly the percussion sounds good even if you use the most restricted configuration (ie. for a card with 256KB of RAM), though I doubt that matters much to anyone nowadays ;)

With the first episode of Operation: Rheingold complete, I move on to the second (and, evidentially, last) episode of the WolfenDoom mod: