Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

TNT 2: Devilution (Texture Pack in OP)

TNT is my favorite IWAD, but I have concerns with this project...

I played the 3 map demo and it felt more Plutonia than TNT (and for the record I HATE PLUTONIA), I was hoping I could ask some questions that may set my mind at ease:

Is the gameplay tailored to TNT style gameplay? (with things like strange switch hunt puzzles, monster traps that release about 3 or 4 imps and not 20 or 30 revenants, claustrophobic cave segments, that sort of thing)

Is the wad as difficult as the demo makes it out to be? (I remember TNT being quite casual and fun in the difficulty department, but the demo is absolutely nothing like that!)

Will there be an "Easy mode"? (What I mean by this is that I'm Too Young to Die will actually be easy, as some wads are still brutal death fests even when on this difficulty)

And finally, is the wad going to be some sort of slaughter wad? (Because that 3 map demo had at least more monsters than the first portion of TNT all together!)

These are just personal preferences, it really doesn't matter if all the answers are the ones I personally don't want to hear as it is your megawad and I have no say in development, just want to know if I will be interested in this when it is done.

mrthejoshmon said:

stuff

To put it this way: TNT2 is not "TNT The Way Team TNT Did It". Plutonia 2 is not exactly like the originial Plutonia either, if you catch my drift.

darkreaver said:

To put it this way: TNT2 is not "TNT The Way Team TNT Did It". Plutonia 2 is not exactly like the originial Plutonia either, if you catch my drift.

Gotcha, it's a fan interpretation of TNT and not actually TNT.

Quite a few maps have switch hunts and puzzles in them, so there's no need to worry about that.

Difficulty-wise, that will get sorted out in the final wave of testing (with chocorenderlimits) once all the 100%-to-be-submitted-maps are in. If things seem way too difficult, the authors will be told and make adjustments accordingly.

Ive been (politely) trashing Kyka hardcore about the difficulty of some sections of maps, so im doing my part there :)

I see the difficulty (when its not insane) as simply the result of the fact this is set right after TNT, to the point of starting at Last Call. Im no expert player, but I can easily manage these levels on UV.

Ragnor said:

I see the difficulty (when its not insane) as simply the result of the fact this is set right after TNT

Oh. So you dont see it as a result of TNT2 being made nearly 20 years after the original? ;)

Also, why would it be more difficult if its set right after TNT? Just curious why you think so.

Well, my thanks to whoever has resolved this mess,(edit: Bloodshedder.)and apologies for my part in said mess.

Now let's get this thing done.

darkreaver said:

Oh. So you dont see it as a result of TNT2 being made nearly 20 years after the original? ;)

Also, why would it be more difficult if its set right after TNT? Just curious why you think so.

Story purposes really. The TNT campaign is effectively 64 maps long, with no real break in-between for Doomguy. He kills the icon in Last Call, only to get thrust immediately into a new fight, most notably to wreck the shit outta that hellship from the TNT manual, along with its master.

Realistically, yeah, its the result of however many years its been since Evilution was released (18 to 16 years?) and how that relates to the average skills of modern players, but its much more fun to imagine it this way :)

(And yeah, I lost sleep last night worrying about this project)

I've sent what I have to Kyka (not finished by any means and I'm open to his suggestions)... I'm unable to work on the map for atleast a week because I'm too traumatized atm.

We had an armed robbery tonight when 8 armed men (3 had firearms) broke into our house. They tied us up and punched my mom and I had to hug her and block her mouth when she screamed so that they wouldn't shoot her. They kept on saying that they didn't have enough money and that they were going to shoot us, starting with me... I really thought I was going to die tonight...

...and I'm so thankful that none of us died. Many other cases of these break ins they'll kill and torture the entire family and rape the women and I'm so grateful this didn't happen to us.

I don't know if I'm typing properly because I'm in a state of shock and am having difficulty looking at the screen, the adrenaline is having a reaction with my medication and everything seems to be wobbling and moving..

To everyone; make sure to implement a security plan / system that can protect you, what we're planning on doing is putting an electric fence with an alarm that summons a private armed response unit to protect us.

Glad you're okay Adrian. Would hate to think something more (for lack of a better word) serious did happen to you and your family.

Hey Adrian.

Wow. Really glad that you are still with us, and that all your family survived relatively unharmed. My thoughts and prayers are with you. May you come out of this stronger and closer to your family.

Wow DeathevokatioN, I'm sorry that you had to go through that, and I'm glad you and your family are OK. I hope you and your family feel better in the future. I don't know if I'll go through with something similar with what you just did, but if I do then I bet I would be traumatized too.

DeathevokatioN said:

I've sent what I have to Kyka (not finished by any means and I'm open to his suggestions)... I'm unable to work on the map for atleast a week because I'm too traumatized atm.

We had an armed robbery tonight when 8 armed men (3 had firearms) broke into our house. They tied us up and punched my mom and I had to hug her and block her mouth when she screamed so that they wouldn't shoot her. They kept on saying that they didn't have enough money and that they were going to shoot us, starting with me... I really thought I was going to die tonight...

...and I'm so thankful that none of us died. Many other cases of these break ins they'll kill and torture the entire family and rape the women and I'm so grateful this didn't happen to us.

I don't know if I'm typing properly because I'm in a state of shock and am having difficulty looking at the screen, the adrenaline is having a reaction with my medication and everything seems to be wobbling and moving..

To everyone; make sure to implement a security plan / system that can protect you, what we're planning on doing is putting an electric fence with an alarm that summons a private armed response unit to protect us.

Holy shit, glad you and your family are okay.

And don't worry about your map. Do what you need to do and we'll make sure it gets taken care of.

esselfortium said:

Holy Jesus. I'm so sorry.

It is not your fault, you clearly did not hire the thugs to take over the doom community.

holy crap i am praying for your family i hope you can get some guns for the future. i hate bad guys i wish i could be with you now. they will pay for their crimes someone will shoot those devils and send them to judgement. this is why people have the right to be armed with guns.

Yeah I can just imagine the outcome if they started shooting at the intruders...

Anyway, this is getting off-topic. Deathevo will be back later to talk about it!

Outcome is not being victimized. Open ur eyes the bad guys have guns and they will force their way in. If you won't defend urself you are done for. Where were the trained gov super heroes in this story? Murderous criminals are just gonna keep it up until someone kills them. If they came to my home I'd kill them no remorse. Neways it's a tragic situation and I'll stop now. Not trying to fan the flames... I just refuse to be a victim and it makes my blood boil when I hear about these crimes. Im the kind of person that would run toward the bad guys not away from them because I am a man. I'm not convinced of the value of neighbors who can't and won't do anything. I'm going outside for a while...

Holy fuck Deathevocation I'm so sorry. I'm glad you and your family are okay. Prayers!

rampancy said:

Outcome is not being victimized. Open ur eyes the bad guys have guns and they will force their way in. If you won't defend urself you are done for. Where were the trained gov super heroes in this story? Murderous criminals are just gonna keep it up until someone kills them. If they came to my home I'd kill them no remorse. Neways it's a tragic situation and I'll stop now. Not trying to fan the flames... I just refuse to be a victim and it makes my blood boil when I hear about these crimes. Im the kind of person that would run toward the bad guys not away from them because I am a man. I'm not convinced of the value of neighbors who can't and won't do anything. I'm going outside for a while...

Are you drunk?

Can we not take the story of a member of this community nearly dying and soap box about stupid bullshit? Kthx. I'm a gun nut and I think it's totally fucking uncalled for.

Tarnsman said:

Can we not take the story of a member of this community nearly dying and soap box about stupid bullshit? Kthx. I'm a gun nut and I think it's totally fucking uncalled for.

I agree, the stupid soap box bullshit should be post helled in an instant. Man... i'm glad deathevokation's still alive with his family just fine.

Hey, thanks so much for the support everyone!!! Wow, I’m overwhelmed! :)

Well I’ve been holding off this thread partly because of anxiety and feeling lethargic to the point where I’m only awake for 8-10 hours a day and because whenever I get reminded of the robbery I get flashbacks of begging for my life while a man is running toward me pointing a gun at me while wearing a psychotic expression in his face (I was 100% certain I was going to get shot at this point). All this combined with the ridiculous amount of time it takes me to write a message makes it 10 times worse. :P

I think the person who had it the worst though was my brother who was taken upstairs where one of them swung a hammer at his face that he narrowly dodged (thanks to his mixed martial arts training), and him having to explain with a gun and a knife pointed towards him that we didn't know the pin to the safe.

Well, anyway, we’re all doing a bit better now and we’re definitely all going to go to trauma counselling. As much as I want them to get caught I don’t have much ill feelings towards the criminals or wish death on them because I’m just grateful that they left us alive and spared us.

Regarding shooting back at the robbers, no matter how many times I (involuntarily) replay the situation in my head with a gun in my hand I lose the gun battle if I give them the element of surprise. I was going to elaborate but meh I just realized we’re in the TNT2 thread haha.

Thanks again for the support, it did help. Anyway, lets get back to some fucking TNT2 mapping? >:D Sorry for derailing the thread btw, I wasn't thinking straight when I dumped my post into this thread, I wouldn't have any hard feelings if a mod moved it.