Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

Justin “Jew Wario” Carmical Dead at 42

On 1/23/2014, Justin Carmical, who was known as "JewWario" committed suicide by shooting himself in the bathroom. His wife posted this Facebook post on 1/25/2014:

It is with a very sad heart that I must confirm my husband, Justin Carmical, sometimes known as the Jew Wario died on Thursday, January 23rd.

I also have to confirm he shot himself, but he was not alone, he locked himself in the bathroom and I was on the other side of the door talking with him. He knew I loved him, HE KNEW ALL OF YOU LOVED HIM. You all made him so happy, every time he was recognized from his videos, it made him giddy with joy.

His last recording was a song with Johnathan Mann, I don't know if Johnathan knows. He recorded it the night before.

I am surrounded by family and friends, and am taking this one moment at a time, remembering to breathe. I want to share with you what the Chaplain said to me, it was a momentary mistake, hold on to the good memories. I will post an update once a decision has been made about funeral arrangements.

If I need anything I will let you know, just hold on to each other and love each other, and thank you all so much for loving him so much.

There's also this news article with more info on the story.

As for my thoughts on the subject, I can't believe that Justin “Jew Wario” Carmical committed suicide, and I was never expecting this to happen. I'm not a huge fan of his to be honest, but I remember him most on the That Guy With the Glasses specials. The fact that he's dead now must be devastating for his fanbase. My condolences go to his friends and family.

So here, you can post your thoughts on the subject.

Don't know who he is but he sounds like a real piece of shit. Getting married, having a kid, and then shooting himself on the other side of a bathroom door while his wife tries to talk him out of it. Awesome dude. I'm sure the typical internet suicide/depression sympathizers are going to be in full force here but he was a selfish piece of garbage. Don't start a family and then take the bail in a way that traumatizes them forever.

What a piece of shit

That's a terrible news to read!

I don't knew him too much too, but i've seen the guy in Kickassia and it was fun

Ralphis said:

Don't know who he is but he sounds like a real piece of shit. Getting married, having a kid, and then shooting himself on the other side of a bathroom door while his wife tries to talk him out of it. Awesome dude. I'm sure the typical internet suicide/depression sympathizers are going to be in full force here but he was a selfish piece of garbage. Don't start a family and then take the bail in a way that traumatizes them forever.

What a piece of shit

We can't all Be Ralphstrong.

Ralphis said:

What a piece of shit

Edge: The Post

PG-13

Scuba Steve said:

We can't all Be Ralphstrong.

Jew weak. Ralph stronk!

Christ almighty, I don't need this Internet Tough Guy shit. As a society, we run around bitching about how mental illness isn't real, how anyone claiming to suffer from is a whiny bitch who just needs to get over themselves, and then when something horrible happens, we turn around and shit on them for not getting help or whatever. Pardon my lack of tact on the matter, but it just makes me so angry. I don't see anyone going around whining that cancer patients just need to grow up or whatever.

What happened to Jew Wario is a damn tragedy. Turning around and shitting on him doesn't make anything better, and it won't help anyone else who may be in such a dark place, either. I understand why people do it, but it's a load of crap.

From what I've heard he was in serious debt. He lost his job and didn't get paid for his work.

It's funny because he appeared in a video looking pretty good just before his death. I guess successful suicides are often spontaneous.

geekmarine said:

I don't see anyone going around whining that cancer patients just need to grow up or whatever.

Because people don't choose to get cancer. You *choose* to put that gun to your head or jump off that building. And I say this as someone with borderline personality disorder, depression, and several survived suicide attempts over the last two years. I'm some kid with an immediate family, but no kids or signifigant other, and yet I FOUND THE WILLPOWER to continue. Nevermind having a family and important responsibilities.

Its sad but if he knew that things could have gotten better. I knew this man who was in the same situation and every day from work he would walk by a river and one day he stood there thinking about jumping in but the only thing that prevented him was that he still had his wife and children and eventually he was out of dept and he found a better job.

Mr. Freeze said:

Because people don't choose to get cancer. You *choose* to put that gun to your head or jump off that building. And I say this as someone with borderline personality disorder, depression, and several survived suicide attempts over the last two years. I'm some kid with an immediate family, but no kids or signifigant other, and yet I FOUND THE WILLPOWER to continue. Nevermind having a family and important responsibilities.

No one "chooses" to experience the despair that makes suicide preferable to existing. I have never heard of Carmical before, and I'm sorry to hear of your own struggles with mental illness, but your experience is never another person's experience and comments like yours do nothing to lessen the stigma that is still attached to mental illness. Do you really think that people who commit suicide don't first try to "find the willpower" and exhaust less severe options to the best of their ability? Moreover, do you really think that someone who couldn't bear to be alive would have made a functional parent or spouse?

geekmarine said:

Christ almighty, I don't need this Internet Tough Guy shit.

Well, his wife was begging him not to do it on the other side of the bathroom door. That means he didn't just off himself in a moment of desperation while no one else was around. She was there for the whole ride, getting emotionally scarred for life. It's nice you have empathy for the guy, but I rather feel sorry for her. Especially since she has to pick up the pieces of whatever in their life situation made him quit. I usually hate the word selfish thrown around suicides, but in this guy's case it's pretty much inevitable.

Nobody said they didn't feel sorry for her. They said people should stop dissing anyone unfortunate enough to have their mind so fucked up. This isn't something most brains can rationally think through.

I had to talk someone out of doing something similar once. I had to manage it long enough for help to arrive. If I had failed I wouldn't have called him a piece of shit (though I would have taken a week off work and spent a lot of time swearing). They were broken, and got better, thankfully. It took a small army of people to dull the pain long enough to allow their brain to kick into gear and figure life out.

Ralphis said:

What a piece of shit

I'm glad somebody said this. He may not have chosen to have depression but he still chose to pull the trigger. He isn't some wild animal incapable of reason. His wife even said he knew about all the people who loved him. If he gave a shit he would have looked for help. And worst case scenario if it didn't work, he should still endure his depression for his family. Any good father would put their family before him instead of leaving them behind.

I feel sorry for the wife and find the guy despicable. If that makes me an Internet tough guy then so be it. It's not about being above depression, it's about putting your loved ones above your pain, unbearable as it might be. At the very least up until you're alone, and perhaps consider something less traumatic for your family than shooting yourself in your home.

When you're deep down in the hole, you can't see. It's completely dark, pitch black. The only information you get from the outside world is this little voice telling you what is going on.... But it's lying to you. If the world says A, this voice passes it on to you as B. Every single information is being filtered and turned for a different purpose. Even your own thoughts. The purpose? Anti-you.
[For the slow: This is a metaphor. You don't actually "hear" voices]

Depression is not a problem of being sad, it's a problem of vision. All those rational thoughts are gone which is why getting out of that hole isn't a matter of getting a better job, losing the debt or being treated more kindly. Positive reinforcement gets turned into poison on the same level as negative. Information coming from you will be of great apathy while information going in will be negative. The problem is internal even if it has been triggered by external factors. Sympathy towards him or calling him an asshole, well it's missing the point. Had he still been alive he probably wouldn't really be able to appreciate it properly either way.

Shaviro said:

Depression is not a problem of being sad, it's a problem of vision.

But... But it's so selfish to have a problem of vision when someone needs you!

You can excuse just about anything in this world as a problem of vision, whether you set arbitrary labels and point out certain behaviors to be illnesses and others to be socially acceptable. There's no magical people in the sky or free will, every single thought we have and action we make can be determined by biology, even if the complexity is too high for us to perceive. The absolution of any responsibility is the defense of the criminal and the criminally lazy, and makes no sense unless you apply it to everyone, in which case you're really in no position to blame any of us from expressing anger here.

Besides, the man is not the victim here. Whatever went in his mind, now his problems are solved. On the other hand his loving wife has to live with what happened. By categorizing all of our posts as a message directed to that guy you make it sound it like as if she's a prop in a scene rather than an actual human being who's at the very least as worthy of compassion as the guy.

Phml said:

You can excuse just about anything in this world as a problem of vision, whether you set arbitrary labels and point out certain behaviors to be illnesses and others to be socially acceptable. There's no magical people in the sky or free will, every single thought we have and action we make can be determined by biology, even if the complexity is too high for us to perceive. The absolution of any responsibility is the defense of the criminal and the criminally lazy, and makes no sense unless you apply it to everyone, in which case you're really in no position to blame any of us from expressing anger here.

Huge straw man.
Until we one day for certain find out there is no free will or magical people in the sky, we have to make the assumption that there is a thing such as free will and making rational decisions.

Besides, the man is not the victim here. Whatever went in his mind, now his problems are solved. On the other hand his loving wife has to live with what happened. By categorizing all of our posts as a message directed to that guy you make it sound it like as if she's a prop in a scene rather than an actual human being who's at the very least as worthy of compassion as the guy.

Missing the point.
It's hard to make rational decisions when you can't see the world on the same terms as everybody else. I'm not trying to justify what he has done or that he deserves compassion. Like I wrote, it probably wouldn't help him even when he was alive. I'm trying to show that a sick mind will provide sick results and calling him an asshole is an empty gesture. Besides, his wife who obviously loved the guy and probably knew a lot more about what was going on could use the compassion, not the hatred towards her late husband.

This is of course all on the assumption that he was depressed or mentally ill which is the assumption in previous posts my post piggy-backed on.

Waffenak said:

I dont even know this guy, who is he?

You're not alone.

Da Werecat said:

And what about Hitler? Did he also have a problem of vision? Huh?

His vision was the problem.

Except maybe that whole Aryan thing. That was probably true.

Phml said:

How do you know she was loving? It's a cruel thing to do in front of anyone, but you're assuming she was a loving figure in his life. I'm hearing rumors they didn't get a long, entirely. In fact, he has a number of times tried to pick up chicks at cons. For all we know they were breaking up. Maybe she wanted to leave him with all that debt and without child.

You're making a lot of assumptions that the problems he offed himself over where entirely his own doing. None of us know what went on in that house to make assumptions about any party involved. The only person who will be ultimately at a disadvantage is the kid.

I'm smart enough to not make any judgments because I don't know any of the factors involved. I'm what one calls rational.

Waffenak said:

He was internet reviewer no.10006578392

There's only enough details for me to take sides with Ralphis. I don't know what influenced the suicide, But when you get married and have kids your wife and your kids become your everything. To the best of my understanding, it takes either highly addictive narcotics, or a misplacement of values to not see that you have things to live for. I cant tell if substance abuse was part of the equation, (he doesn't look like someone who would have any link to the drug world) but since that piece of information was omitted, it's safe to assume that it is the latter. In which case I think he's nothing short of a selfish asshole

the problem is with the complete pussification of mankind.

hear me out; life beats you, treats you like a piece of shit. The daily grind erodes your soul. Everything you are told, from santa claus onwards, turns out to be a lie. Your life is run by bastards, either in government or in advertising. Looks are everything. When that cunt asked you what you wanted to be when you grew up, it was a hilariously self-serving question: it didn't matter, it never mattered, and the shitbag teacher never wanted to be a shitbag teacher when he was asked the exact same fucking question.

you have been pussified by this life. You have been told that depression is normal. Suicide is the way out. Just kill yourself.

I am here you tell you to stop being a pussy. What you are feeling in not depression; it is rage. It is anger. You have been lied to and are quite justifiably upset about it. You lack the ability to take depression, to take sadness, and channel depression and sadness into something better. A force for change.

You are all the victims of emotional rape. You have been groomed to think that this is somehow acceptable.

You can either take this pussified society's route, medicate yourselves and become numb. Or you can do what rational, mistreated people do and get fucking ANGRY. Do not mistake your anger for hatred. Hatred is a foul, deconstructive emotion that is indiscriminate. Anger is different, anger is focused and momentary. Anger changes the world. Martin Luther King was angry - Hitler, in comparison, was not.

Use your anger. Become empowered by your anger. Channel your anger into everything you do, be it art, writing, politics or your everyday interactions with other people.

Because this system is going down.

Use the word fuck more regularly. Swearing is a release valve. You will feel better for it.

Waffenak said:

He ran a video series called "You Can Play This!", which went into detail about various import games and how playable they were in spite of the language barrier. It was one of my favorite series back when he was on That Guy With The Glasses.

Shadow Hog said:

He ran a video series called "You Can Play This!", which went into detail about various import games and how playable they were in spite of the language barrier. It was one of my favorite series back when he was on That Guy With The Glasses.

So that's what he did.

Looks either like this dude had a real hard time getting to his own emotions or his wife was pretty blind to the fact she was loving a sick guy, or both.

Mr. Freeze said:
Because people don't choose to get cancer.

To me smoking, to name one rather clear road to cancer, seems more of a choice than whatever one does to become a suicide.