Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Avoozl

New Quake and Halflife map editor: Jackhammer

I was browsing mod database and on the Quake page I noticed a promotion pic for this editor, apparently it was in production since August 2013 and seems to be available now.

Quoted from the site: "Jackhammer is a brand new level editor for games with a quake-style BSP architecture. The aim is to develop a convenient cross-platform tool capable of incorporating the best features of existing editors, such as Valve Hammer Editor, Q3Radiant and others."

Of course it's still in alpha stage but it's available for download

http://jackhammer.hlfx.ru/en/

This editor uses a classic Worldcraft method of mapping, I find it easier than Trenchbroom. I already have a hallway and a platform lift to a higher room. This is better than Trenchbroom. I urge any Quake mapper to give this a go.

I'll have to check this out at some point. I'm very familiar with Hammer, but took a liking to Radiant a few years ago and haven't really touched Hammer for anything except Source since.

This looks really cool, I'll have to try this out later today!

Trenchbroom was too limited, I couldn't get Radiant to work with Quake and Hammer kept crashing all the time.

Yep, that sounds like Hammer.

I checked this out real quick and it's pretty damn cool. It is Hammer, at least superficially. Even lets you generate a Quake WAD from the PAKs, instead of using ancient ones from the 90s that didn't properly rip certain textures.

For some reason I can't install this.
My Norton anti-virus protection flips the hell out with the Win32 installer.

jdagenet said:

Install MSE or Avast.

jdagenet said:

So turn Norton off when you install it. Or do what Marnetmar suggests and dump Norton for something free or cheap. If I was going to pay for an AV it wold probably be Malwarebytes. Their free products are pretty effective.