Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
j4rio

Unholy Realms Demopack [-complevel 2]

After a voting that took place last month we settled on doing a demopack for Unholy Realms.

Goal is to get each map a speedrun in uv-max category that would be shown as the fastest in dsda tables. Any other optional demos of any category are very welcome, but it's not a primary goal to get each map a speedrun in different category other than max. Everybody is very encouraged to contribute. It's a limit-removing wad, so the most preferable port would be prboom-plus with complevel parameter set to 2. Post all your achievements here, in this thread. Txt files are not required to be included along with demos.

Progress

Map01 - 4shockblast - 0:41 - download
Map02 - j4rio - 1:59 - download
Map03 - j4rio - 2:23 - download
Map04 -
Map05 - j4rio - 4:33 - download
Map06 -
Map07 -
Map08 - 
Map09 - tatsurd-cacocaco - 4:25 - download
Map10 -
Map11 -
Map12 -
Map13 - Nevan - 3:32 - download
Map14 -
Map15 - blob1024 - 5:56 - download
Map16 - tatsurd-cacocaco - 2:38 - download
Map17 -
Map18 -
Map19 -
Map20 - Nevan - 5:15 - download
Map21 - Nevan - 2:39 - download
Map22 - blob1024 - 6:35 - download
Map23 -
Map24 - blob1024 - 5:40 download
Map25 - Veinen - 3:33 - download
Map26 - 
Map27 -
Map28 - blob1024 - 8:09 - download
Map29 - Nevan - 7:21 - download
Mao30 -
Map31 -
Map32 - blob1024 - 5:57 - download

misc:
Map 02 UV-Tyson in 2:38 by Revved - download
Map 02 UV-Speed in 0:15 by 4shockblast - download
Map 03 UV-Pacifist in 0:32 by Grazza - download
Map 04 UV-Pacifist in 0:30 by 4shockblast download
Map 12 UV-Pacifist in 0:04 by GrumpyCat - download
Map 16 UV-Pacifist in 0:26 by GrumpyCat - download
Map 21 UV-Pacifist in O:30 by 4shockblast - download
Map 23 UV-Pacifist in 0:03 by GrumpyCat - download
Map 25 UV-Pacifist in 0:27 by GrumpyCat - download

Oh, this is a surprise! I'll keep a close eye on this thread. Very excited to see what you guys produce. The demo community always impresses me :)

4shockblast said:

Question for map 10. Why don't the final walls lower when I press the final switch as in the attached demo?

Sometimes stuck monsters can prevent completely unrelated sectors from moving. Never saw any explanation of this phenomenon but for example Eternal had some problems with it when making map13 of Epic 2. Sometimes certain sectors wouldn't move because of monsters getting crushed at that time, thus breaking the map. In your case one of the spectres teleports after you perfrom the glide and he sees you. The teleport destination is too close to the bars so he gets stuck and magically this prevents that wall from lowering. This will be a major pain in the ass on this map, haha.

Snakes said:

Oh, this is a surprise! I'll keep a close eye on this thread. Very excited to see what you guys produce. The demo community always impresses me :)

As if you didn't record as well not so long ago. ;)

Btw, any chances of some semi-official "fix" for 25 that would halve floor height of that caco sector just for demo purposes?

Rizera said:

Is it just me, or two Mancubi always fail to teleport on MAP29?

Yep, 2 mancs can't teleport in.

I think that map10 problem was due to a spectre teleporting to sector 170, not related to the sectors that you've moved. I was still able to get the bug with this new version.

Snakes said:

I'm honestly not 100% that the manc issue on Map29 is fixed, but from what I could see Dommbuilder, they might have been juuuuuuust close enough to get "stuck" on -complevel 2. I moved one back towards the wall. If the problem persists, do tell.

That won't fix it, they're free to move. Actually, it's the teleporter design. Sector 417 has floor of 32 and ceil of 64, then floor lower to 8 above highest floor is used on it, so it goes to 8. That's enough for everything inside the closet except the mancos, who are higher than 56 units.

I don't remember this being an issue in early alphas. Were cacos added to the ambush group late in development? I can't remember, but it'd explain a quick hacky change to the closet design. Let's be honest, that closet is terrible and Joshy should get a silly moustache drawn to his employee of the month photo.

Memfis said:

I think that map10 problem was due to a spectre teleporting to sector 170, not related to the sectors that you've moved. I was still able to get the bug with this new version.

Yeah, map 10 is as a result of spectres teleporting into the bars, as Memfis pointed out earlier. If I kill the spectres, the walls at the end start lowering.

j4rio, map20 is cool, but veinen time is quite efficient considering the waiting for last archviles. Since I have no idea on how to do that, can anybody check if its actually improvable or not? I've just gave a couple attempts with 5:3x~ or the likes, but i'm not in studying "map mechanics" like here seems required

blob1024 said:

j4rio, map20 is cool, but veinen time is quite efficient considering the waiting for last archviles. Since I have no idea on how to do that, can anybody check if its actually improvable or not? I've just gave a couple attempts with 5:3x~ or the likes, but i'm not in studying "map mechanics" like here seems required

It's improvable by like 2-3 seconds at most as it stands, unless I'm completely out to lunch here. The AVs are timed and the "timer" is tied to the very first switch I press, so the improvements have to come from a) getting to the switch as fast as possible or b) killing the AVs at the end as fast as possible. In my demo the start is below average but the end is above average so there's hardly anything to improve.

j4rio said:

25 & 29

I saw now that map28 has a bug of 4monters not teleporting in too. Should I wait a smal fix before recording something for that level ?

@veinen: yea I read your txt, according to this map-reading you are definitely right
btw, cool 31 max :) may give a try there too, but weekend is already over eheh

blob1024 said:

I saw now that map28 has a bug of 4monters not teleporting in too. Should I wait a smal fix before recording something for that level ?

Yeah, a closet with 4 imps is disassociated from the map. Apparently, last minute editing caused, err, dangling tags.