Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom Marine

DVII Second Edition underway. It's time!

Doom Marine said:

I have squeezed the living life out of dehacked to get four new monsters from it, including the balrog, cleric, and two other ones in the current DVII. Some ways that I managed to squeeze extra frames out:

- Taking away health and armor bonus animations (that liberates 3 frames each).
- Taking away animation redundancies (there are quite a bit of redundant frames in normal enemies).
- Taking away icon of sin's attack.

How about just giving up and switching to MBF compatibility?

This will give you a lot of frames as well as at least one monster slot (MBF dog).

Mechadon - are you sure you don't have thing slots? Maybe your DeHackEd editor doesn't know about them? I don't know but maybe try unholy bible from MBF (originally from Doom PR beta)?
EDIT: PrBoom-plus bombs out with "Unknown gettable thing" when I try to pick up an unholy bible, but you need a slot for monster, right?

Epsilon said:

Any updates on this? Patiently waiting to get a crack at those new levels.

Oh god yes.

Do give us an update?

I think Huy opened this up and dragged a linedef the other day. Progress, progress, progress!

permanent ban for bumping the thread and making us think that Huy posted an update

What the tits? I genuinely thought an update happened but some numb nut bumped it. :( in response to his post there'll be updates when Huy updates us via this thread. I also agree with Mrs Driller on the ban.

It's not like anybody here would download a wad that is over 10 megabytes anyway. Also vouch for ban + posthell kthnx.

Ban for asking for insight? How harsh. Good thing you all have more to do than just surf the web, right?

Epsilon said:

Ban for asking for insight? How harsh.

That's how we roll.

Since the thread is bumped anyway, I'll just join in to express my ongoing anticipation of the project. Whenever you're ready, Doom Marine.

Sooo... After raping everyone in Starcraft 2, getting engaged, and finally landed a job at my dream company, I'm going finish what I started here... stay tuned!

Doom Marine said:

Sooo... After raping everyone in Starcraft 2, getting engaged, and finally landed a job at my dream company, I'm going finish what I started here... stay tuned!

Congratulations! Looking forward to more DV2 to play :)

Cool news!

My only request is that if you go through with the removal/changing of CD,HA through Desert Temple as planned, please keep edition 1 online e somewhere. Some of us really love those levels as they are, and it would be a shame to lose them.

Yeah, yeah. I bumped the thread. Rip me to shreds if you have to.

So, I've noticed it's been about a year since the last update on the project and almost five years since the thread was created. This begs for the question, what's the status of DVII-2? Is it still ways off? Getting there? Still aiming for 32 maps? Well, I guess Doom Marine would just make an update if he wanted to but... no harm asking, I guess?

*Rips Touchdown to shreds*

On a side note, Survive in Hell eliminated the second frame for the idling animations in order to have more frames to work with. I don't know if this has been done already, but hopefully it helps

Doom Marine said on 11-01-13 18:52:

All I'm saying is that it would be nice to know where the project is at. Because if only like half of the maps are done or something, then we'd know it's still pretty far off. Sorry, I'm impatient. Need an update!

We've been a bit pre-occupied with our lives, basically. A couple months ago we ran through the most recent build and discussed some of the things he wants to do.. but I don't think he's done much since, and I wasn't really feeling up to being a big tester for it again.