Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Afterglow said:

I no longer even know what I'm doing.

Usually that means you're in the (mapping) zone, a good thing methinks. Lookin' good.

Afterglow said:

http://i.imgur.com/ZXr9TuGl.jpg

I no longer even know what I'm doing.

I like the lighting gradient on those arches. Sounds like you're just messing about to see what looks good. A very important step in the Doom mapping process.

Approximately 50% of my time in Doom Builder is spent faffing about. :P

*sigh* So it just passed 1000 sectors...

You can see a very clear boundary as to how much of that left section is done, visually speaking. I'm starting to feel like the right section could use a lot of work too. There also needs to be a new final fight arena.

If TNT 2 isn't released this year, D2INO might just get the Mordeth.

Oh lord, that right hubspoke D:

You REALLY should do something with that so it isn't just a wheel with long tunnels branching off, basic hubspokes are one of the most boring layout choices possible.

Yeah, I should get on to that bit before the decade is over. Fortunately I'm confident it can be nothing other than an improvement. The hubspoke thing was colour based, and as this is now a red/blue map, it doesn't work anymore. It needs less 90° turns too.

50k linedefs? What is this a third world county? If you don't have at least 100,000 linedefs you might as well kill yourself because you're an embarrassment to the doom community.

Tarnsman said:

50k linedefs? What is this a third world county? If you don't have at least 100,000 linedefs you might as well kill yourself because you're an embarrassment to the doom community.

We'll make note to increase linedef count by 33% in ZDCMP2, then. It only has a pitiful 77K linedef count.

First map now pretty much done, other four were started a while back so I thought to come back to this. The ST data skies appear to not be working correctly for me so I have had to resort to using F_SKY1 and a very vital object appears to not be showing in game but it shows in the editor, even though the correct game mode is selected. Can anyone guess what I might be trying to revive? (Shouldn't be difficult at all). That grate needs replacing though.

Eris Falling said:

Is 100k linedefs possible in Boom?

Technically, yes, because there are no data fields referencing linedefs in the map format. However you cannot exceed 65K sidedefs and generally the sidedef count is larger than the linedef count. (It's theoretically possible, with sidedef compression, to have less sidedefs than linedefs, but that'd be kind of a contrived scenario.)

You are also limited to 65K sectors and 65K vertexes.

Gez said:

Technically, yes, because there are no data fields referencing linedefs in the map format. However you cannot exceed 65K sidedefs and generally the sidedef count is larger than the linedef count. (It's theoretically possible, with sidedef compression, to have less sidedefs than linedefs, but that'd be kind of a contrived scenario.)

You are also limited to 65K sectors and 65K vertexes.

(Irrelevant piece of information - but this sets my standards what amount to converge to when I'm gonna make a tremendous map for an uncoming MW of mine. Irrelevant piece of information stops now.)

Springy said:

First map now pretty much done, other four were started a while back so I thought to come back to this. The ST data skies appear to not be working correctly for me so I have had to resort to using F_SKY1 and a very vital object appears to not be showing in game but it shows in the editor, even though the correct game mode is selected. Can anyone guess what I might be trying to revive? (Shouldn't be difficult at all). That grate needs replacing though.
[IMG][/IMG]

The sky is cut-off and the map is flat.

joe-ilya said:

The sky is cut-off and the map is flat.

Thanks for pointing out the sky but as for the map being flat, that isn't an issue. I may heighten up the mid but it's meant as a fast paced ST map.

Made some colosseum-like arena, at first you drop down from that cage and start fighting demons, a bit later the crowd gets pissed and starts attacking you too. Basic stuff.

Memfis said:

Made some colosseum-like arena, at first you drop down from that cage and start fighting demons, a bit later the crowd gets pissed and starts attacking you too. Basic stuff.

[img][/img]

Looks like 'brother hood of ruin' and the cage is awesome.

Eris Falling said:

*sigh* So it just passed 1000 sectors...

Congratulations... I guess.

Brad_tilf said:

http://www.doomwadstation.net/bloodworks/mitogl2.jpg

Hehe, instantly recognized this. Very unique cramped-in-a-good-way wad.