Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rizera

The amazing "identify that Doom song" thread.

Platinum Shell said, in response to Memfis:

Thank you so much, this has been bugging me for the past year.

Memfis had said:

I found [1 Monster MAP10's MIDI]: http://midi.thehylia.com/midifiles/saturn/house-of-the-dead/boss.mid
Sounds somewhat different from the original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kQcdo770RM

The Green Herring said, in response to that post:
That's because the MIDI is misidentified; it's actually from a Japanese freeware shoot-'em-up called Another Zero, which was released in 2001. The track itself is called "LAST FIGHT", and its internal info includes "ZeroIN" and "composed by Daisuke" (which is not the name of The House of the Dead's composer). Another Zero's site has been dead for ages, but you can find the game itself with the right Google search.

Reposted my post from the previous page because it appears to have been completely ignored.

Because you used quotation marks? I just type in whatever I'm looking for, I don't know all these fancy tricks that Google can use.

Or it might be Google's bubble at work again. I'm trying to use it less but I always come back to it.

Not a request, rather a find:
Dimensions of Time MAP04's music is Santeria by Sublime.
(DISCLAIMER! I don't care whether you've already known this. DISCLAIMER!)

Can somebody identify D_E1M8, D_E1M5, D_E1M7 from DOOM 1?! Or just DOOM songs from DOOM levels that nobody at Doomwiki has yet identified?!

Doomguy777 said:

Can somebody identify D_E1M8, D_E1M5, D_E1M7 from DOOM 1?! Or just DOOM songs from DOOM levels that nobody at Doomwiki has yet identified?!

Those probably haven't been "identified" yet because they were written and composed completely by Bobby Prince. Not all of the music from the games is based off of real music.

Do you... do you really think that there is any real music on which Suspense can be based/rely???

Here is something a bit different. I know the source of the song but I don't remember the Doom level where I've heard it! Anyone knows any levels that use it?

Oh, that too of course, but I think the wad I'm thinking about had the same version as on Bjorn's website. The one in INVADE2 was (a bit poorly) converted from a *.MOD track it seems.

I remember there was a wad I played that Map01(I think) was Stray Cat Strut by the Stray Cats...

Took me like 5 years to finally hear the song on the radio again to figure that out... NOW though, I cannot remember what the WAD was that HAD the song in it.

Any help? I know this is kind of the opposite of the topic...

Anybody knows the song from 1994 TuneUp map 30? It sounds like a remix of At Doom's Gate

^map03 from Greenwar II. I think it's an original composition, textfile for MAP30 of 1994TU credits Greenwar II e1m1 remix.

edit: ACTUALLY, that's the track "Big Foot" from F-Zero X expansion kit.

We found on the ZDaemon forums that Map12 of DWANGO6 is "Backwater" by Meat Puppets.

The only unidentified song on the Doomwiki now for DWANGO6 is the intermission theme...

Dwangos that are fully identified:
#1dwango
4dwango (:p)
dwango2
dwango3
dwango3a
dwango8
dwango11

Dwangos that are just one track away from being fully identified:
dwango4 (M13, which is also D1M07)
dwango5 (M20)
dwango6 (intermission)
lbdwango (M19)

In total, about 45 dwango songs are currently unidentified, mostly in azdwango and dcdwango.

Gez said:

Dwangos that are fully identified:
#1dwango
4dwango (:p)
dwango2
dwango3
dwango3a
dwango8
dwango11

Dwangos that are just one track away from being fully identified:
dwango4 (M13, which is also D1M07)
dwango5 (M20)
dwango6 (intermission)
lbdwango (M19)

In total, about 45 dwango songs are currently unidentified, mostly in azdwango and dcdwango.

Map15 in DCDwango is that "The Dance of the Spheres" song seen in TetriNET.

EDIT: Map10 in DCDWANGO is Level 4 from Descent II (need the level name for this)

MAP01 in DWANGO12 (seen in DWANGO10) is level 11 from Descent.

MegaZzZeux said:

Would definitely be cool if someone could help me figure that out...

I found a map with the Stray Cat Strut song in a WAD called "megawad.wad", used in E1M1 of the WAD.

Gez said:

DCDWANGO MAP07 is also used in Heroes E2M3 (though it's not the same MIDI version of that song).

Edit: azdwango map10 is The Offspring - Come Out And Play. map05 is Depeche Mode - Strangelove.

Edit2: Courtesy of TrackID:
azdwango map18:

map26

Edit3: dcdwango map04 - Dr. Alban - It's My Life.

map06:

lbdwango map19:

Edit: TrackID'd dwango10 map11:

Edit2: dwango12 map05 is from Strife's Factory Manufacturing map.
dwango12 map08 is Metallica - One.
dwango12 map15 entry should be for map17.
TrackID'd (seriously, it knows this mid) dwango12 map16:

Edit3: dwango12 map04 uses Memento Mori map01 music.

Added in several AZDWANGO songs over the past few days with the help of a friend, as well as a DCDWANGO song and a DWANGO1 song.

DWANGO1 is now just one song away from being completely identified, and of course it's a remix of the DWANGO5 Map20 song...

The LBDWANGO text file identifies the text screen music as being "Olympic ceremony" but it's kinda vague. It doesn't sound like it's the Olympic Hymn, so any one has a precise idea of where it came from?

Memfis said:

New request: Maps that never were map32. I recall someone saying that it's either a Bjork or Enya song, maybe that will help.

Neither Björk nor Enya. D_ULTIMA from MTNW.wad is Pink Floyd's "High Hopes" from The Division Bell album.

Beyond the horizon of a place we lived when we were young...