Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

mouldy said:

Cheers! I ended up breaking my own rule of not using gargoyle switches as decoration. I'm pretty sure original doom did that though.

Doom 2 did in The Courtyard map.

CorSair said:

I don't consider them too dark myself... But I'll see if I can ramp it up a little bit.

I don't think he said it was too dark; just that Hexen 2 wasn't that dark.

mouldy said:

Cheers! I ended up breaking my own rule of not using gargoyle switches as decoration. I'm pretty sure original doom did that though.

Heh, the best thing to do is use SW2 so it doesn't confuse people as much.

Mucking around with some Oblige 6.04 WIP stuff. Images are utilizing "Hordes" quantity and "Medium" toughness.

Combines the best features of V5 (Caves/outside regions, teleporters, etc) with V3 building logic. More to come soon.

Why Doomguy's eyes are closed? It's the blink mod I found over either here or on ZDoom forums.

glenzinho said:

Mr Chris, what is the dark square near the rocket launcher in the second pic?

Lighting issue, probably.

Da Werecat said:

Hub 2 was rather dark in Hexen 2. Maybe also hub 4, I don't remember it that well.

Or use SW1 in an excessive rate as décor on places that don't actually tend to use switches, or if so, declare the very switch texture (entirely different from dem, certainly) in the actual area or even throughout the entire map.

CorSair said:

So, small chapel. Of course, not finished, both inside and outside, but close to it.

Very nice use of sparse lighting and midtex. I don't imagine those flesh banners smell very good at all, but then I'm not a demon.

If you're planning on having the player fight in here, how are you going to deal with mobs getting hung up in the pews? Just monster-block all the entrances to the pew-rows? I ask because this would be a really neat place to stage a big fight, maybe with monster reinforcements coming in from behind about mid-way through the battle

P.S. dat FOV

I haven't yet exactly thought how to do the battle in there. But above player is a balcony area. And that area has only one entrance, so... But we'll see how this turns out.

It's not visible in the screenshot, but the bottom one uses a custom pixel shader for the interlace effect on the displays, which animates as well. GZDoom is nice.

Damn son, I am loving that texture set. I see DOP is taking a different style instead of the glorious hell scenery that is seen in the first two, or will there still be some kind of hell section? Either way, I cannot wait for that A bomb to drop into idgames as those shots look bloody gorgeous.

Purple marks on crates look weird to me, that's just... ah, damnit, I guess I can't say unrealistic since I'm usually against such arguments when it comes to Doom.
Would be interesting to see more complex areas in that style.

I can confirm that purple is a colour in real life, and teal as well. In any case, those crates are beautiful.

Crates are beautiful.

<3 crates.

Crates crates crates ~ !

CorSair said:

I haven't yet exactly thought how to do the battle in there. But above player is a balcony area. And that area has only one entrance, so... But we'll see how this turns out.

Floating monsters would avoid the issue of snagging on pews

Springy said:

Damn son, I am loving that texture set. I see DOP is taking a different style instead of the glorious hell scenery that is seen in the first two, or will there still be some kind of hell section? Either way, I cannot wait for that A bomb to drop into idgames as those shots look bloody gorgeous.

If this ever materializes, it's not going to be DOP.

Wait, there's ostensibly going to be another DoP? Sweeeeet.

Not that this other nameless thing doesn't look good. It's a small thing, but I think I actually like the floor flats best, they have a real sense of texture to them. The bit of yellow decal ("Explosive", perhaps?) on the right edge of the top shot looks really strange pasted on to that wall texture, though.

Made yet another map (not PW this time though). Been on a mapping roll lately. The skies are placeholders still.

Dark and hellish temple stuff:

There is another dimension in the...basement, lol:

Platinum Shell said:

Holy shit dude. Placeholder skies? They look right at home. I hope I can get a download, that looks incredible.

Yeah, they are from Scythe 2 (I think?) and CC4 respectively. The replacements will be in the same vein, though.

More RoD stuff, perhaps? I get giddy (to use a 'family-friendly' euphemism) every time I think about it. The sense of place in that second one is particularly tasty, but there's actually one little detail there that bugs me a bit, that being that half of each set of four-abreast pennants hanging from the beams show a blank face from any given angle. If the blank faces were on the two outer pennants or the two inner pennants I probably wouldn't even notice, but the way it is just doesn't look quite right to me, call me crazy.