Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

some people have generally better eye to hand coordination and more patience/stronger nerves than others.

Erik said:

some people have generally better eye to hand coordination and more patience/stronger nerves than others.

For sure....and some people have the passion for it, which in turn creates the time and energy for it.

Erik said:

Any average person should be able to get C-N records after playing DOOM three hours a day for a year.

Fredrik said:

Any average person should be able to get C-N records after playing DOOM three hours a day for a year.

sure, some records are easy to get (explains why I have points), while other records are far beyond the abilities of the common doomer.

Erik said:

sure, some records are easy to get (explains why I have points), while other records are far beyond the abilities of the common doomer.

Well, in my opinion there are only a very small number of records that are beyong the common doomer's abilities (those involving the most mind-boggling turning precision in the middle of an Arch-Vile/rocket jump while dodging Revenant rockets - those that only AH and friends manage :) With 10 hours or so of training, I could probably get on par with almost any record time of DOOM or DOOM2 speedrunning. And that should apply to other people as well.

It's really not as simple as it sounds.. I often find myself playing a map 20 times in a row getting 1:30 while the record is 0:45 or so. Not that i spend enough time on it to be very good.

DiSTuRBeD said:

It's really not as simple as it sounds.. I often find myself playing a map 20 times in a row getting 1:30 while the record is 0:45 or so. Not that i spend enough time on it to be very good.

20 times won't do. I've gotten 1-2 seconds away from 10 or so different records by trying and trying for a few hours, some of the tries with slowmotion. Some of *teh* players play the same level for a week without sleep to get a record ;)

1-2 seconds is a long, long time when it comes to shorter, sub 30 second speedruns.

Erik said:

1-2 seconds is a long, long time when it comes to shorter, sub 30 second speedruns.

Not if they don't depend on strafing accuracy but mistakes.