Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ledillman

Doom 3 BFG xbox 360 Site 3 Ladder Glitch

Hi, i'm at level SITE 3, at the end of the level when i have to go down a ladder to activate the train to get out of the level i got stuck on the damn ladder, i just can´t get back up! i tried rocket jumping, grenades, scream at the TV, cry... nothing works!

HELP PLEASE! :(

Why does it seem like recent id releases even under Carmack have bad collision? I remember finding a bug in Rage where landing on a certain downward moving platform would get you stuck in the air after landing on it, until you moved again, at which point you'd fall to your death.

I don't know if you'd honestly be able to do much if you're stuck in the geometry, you might have to restart the level.

Sodaholic said:

Why does it seem like recent id releases even under Carmack

There have been, so far, 0 id release without Carmack. This isn't going to change until Doom 4 stops being vaporware.

Any idea or suggestions of a solution for this problem? I hate this glitches, I've been searching for people who have suffered this glitch but it seems that all of them found it on other place, not Site 3

Clonehunter said:

Also, unless BFG changed something, Rocket Jumping is highly inadvisable in Doom 3. Unless the goal is suicide.

There are a number of specific places in Doom 3 where you can grenade and rocket jump and sequence break as a result. I suggest watching the world record speedruns of Doom 3 and RoE if you want to see just how technical and precise some of these are (one of them was stated to require something upward of a hundred tries to get right, IIRC).

After MANY tries, i finally did it! I reached the "top" of the ladder, looked down and I just used hand grenades, 3 explosions later and i was free! So, if you get stuck like i did, use this... you have to be at 100% health though.

Quasar said:

There are a number of specific places in Doom 3 where you can grenade and rocket jump and sequence break as a result. I suggest watching the world record speedruns of Doom 3 and RoE if you want to see just how technical and precise some of these are (one of them was stated to require something upward of a hundred tries to get right, IIRC).

Funny… I tried rocket-jumping in Doom 3 single-player, and my health dropped from 100 to -90. How can you manage that and survive?

It might be survivable on the lower skills. The lower the skill level you select in Doom 3, the less damage you receive from attacks. Armor percentage would factor in, too, naturally.

printz said:

Funny… I tried rocket-jumping in Doom 3 single-player, and my health dropped from 100 to -90. How can you manage that and survive?

You need pretty much full health and armor, need to be jumping already, and need to hit a surface that's a good distance below you. This minimizes damage if done properly (expect 25 to 35%) and gives a small boost upward. And as I said, there are only a few places where it's effective.

One such is the dig site, where you can use it to completely skip the interior of the building that's immediately after you ride that HUGE lift down about 10 stories in height and then get attacked by an Arch-vile that will continually resurrect the nearby Hell Knight until you kill him (said building has the PDA of Robert Cody inside, who describes the "Howlers", in case you still need hints about the location I'm discussing).

If you jump up on the sloped surface running across toward the higher of the two catwalks, it's JUST possible to pull off a rocket jump here that can boost you up to the higher catwalk. This trick is used in the current WR run on SDA. I have pulled it off myself.

BTW the WR run is on Veteran, so it's nothing to do with skill level.