Find results in...
darknation

Mental Illness

batshit spastic?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. batshit spastic?

• yea
    • nae

Perhaps we are simply better with diagnosing stuff than ever before, combined with the fact that the Western first-world living conditions are in some ways quite unhealthy and unique to this way of living.

glenzinho said:

I agree with printz and darkreaver's points. There seems to be a culture of sickness these days that some are too ready to accept.

But why accept it? To use some sort of faulty/self-imposed diagnosis as a crutch? Now days I feel people have been wizening up to such crutches and simply ignore those who try out their 'free cards.' Or maybe not.

Doomhuntress said:

i have a cunt. oh, and autism also i guess.

Pics, or it did not happen.

So you think that asperger's syndrome is not real?
I dare you to live with one of them for a week and you change your mind.

I've been diagnosed with ADHD since the age of 8. I don't consider it at all an "illness" but it is a chemical imbalance, thus a deficiency of what I believe it's called "dopamine." It depends on how bad it is. Some people have really severe cases of ADHD. I used to be very hyper when I was young, but now I'm 20 years old and I'm not hyper anymore. Why is that? It's because I matured. The only thing I struggle with is concentrating on things (specifically school work) but I do my best to find ways to achieve excellent grades by disciplining myself.

Medication isn't always needed to combat ADHD (or ADD). A proper healthy diet and exercise can help balance the chemicals in the human brain. This goes with most other so called "disorders" such as depression.

I'm very skeptical with the rise in autism. I do believe that the condition exists, but I believe that it is being over diagnosed in children now a days. Especially regarding the asperger's syndrome aspect of autism.

Periods of anxiety that bring on physical symptoms; when it first started happening, I would experience some pretty weird dream-like moments that would hit me like getting shocked in the head. Maybe they were panic attacks, I'm not sure - but they used to dehydrate me and I almost passed out during the taping of a Jerry Springer show.

I don't know how I got control over those, but I was fine for about a year afterwards. Then for about six months I had the constant urge to piss, whether I had just gone or not. It got to the point where I just figured I'd have that going on forever, I got so used to the feeling. Using the bathroom 10-12 times a day was not a lot of fun. What I found got me out of all of that stuff was finding a steady job and eating healthier/exercising. Amazing what your mind can do to your body if you let it.

You have syndrome of posting shit which no one wants to read, Gokuma.
or was it supposed to be funny?

I think I'm becoming dyslexic. When I write on paper, I sometimes flip two letters in a word.

For instance, the word "wiesel" may become "weisel", the word "erroneous" may become "erronoeus", "subsequently" may become "subsqueently", and so on...

machoman127 said:

I,m freaked out by mimes, can't stand them even on TV. Clowns are OK
though (barely).

Does a phobia count as a mental disorder..?