Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dg93

**Deathmatch Revival** FINISHED!

@Doomkid & Joe Pallai, if there is anything you guys would like to add the text file (or remove from) feel free to let me know.

So Deathmatch Revival is coming to it's final stages?

When it's done, I will fire up IDE and give it a whirl (providing it is being played of course).

mrthejoshmon said:

So Deathmatch Revival is coming to it's final stages?

When it's done, I will fire up IDE and give it a whirl (providing it is being played of course).

Yeah pretty much, all whats left is just some minor nitpicking. A couple of MIDIs need to be edited and Doomkid is currently rearranging the map rotation.

That's pretty much it. I notified some of the authors on Zandronum, but I only got one response back from them. Deathmatch Revival should be uploaded to idgames sometime during the first week of March.

Also, hit up Doomkid if you are interested in playtesting online the latest build of DMR.

On another note, did you check out the CTF map I submitted to your collection of wads project?

doomguy93 said:

On another note, did you check out the CTF map I submitted to your collection of wads project?

I did a quick run with a few bots in DM, not fully played it yet, (It's in the file where all the wads are being kept though, as well as the others you posted).

I'm currently knee deep in the development of "Thy PrBoom Maps" as of now (planning to get it out this year, maybe around Christmas at this rate lol) and I can't even stand to leave Doombuilder alone for about 30 minutes, I'm addicted.

Anyway, I was wondering how on earth a bot managed to kill me at 100% health from the other end of the field :/

mrthejoshmon said:

I did a quick run with a few bots in DM, not fully played it yet, (It's in the file where all the wads are being kept though, as well as the others you posted).

I'm currently knee deep in the development of "Thy PrBoom Maps" as of now (planning to get it out this year, maybe around Christmas at this rate lol) and I can't even stand to leave Doombuilder alone for about 30 minutes, I'm addicted.

Anyway, I was wondering how on earth a bot managed to kill me at 100% health from the other end of the field :/

I saw your PrBoom Maps project and it looks really cool. I like your SP map layouts a lot. And I know what you mean about being addicted to Doombuilder lol

A bot fragged you across the field from my soccor map? The player spawns are placed right on top of the weapons/ammo so the bots are going to attack fairly quick. You might have gotten hit by a rocket.

doomguy93 said:

I saw your PrBoom Maps project and it looks really cool. I like your SP map layouts a lot. And I know what you mean about being addicted to Doombuilder lol

A bot fragged you across the field from my soccor map? The player spawns are placed right on top of the weapons/ammo so the bots are going to attack fairly quick. You might have gotten hit by a rocket.

I like your DM layouts as well, they just seem to flow perfectly (I actually enjoyed the short time I played against bots, can't wait to DM some actual players on DM revival).

And as for the bot, I don't know what weapon it was (Did you place a BFG on that map? I never saw one myself but I could swear I heard one!), also the death screams made the match all that extra bit louder lol.

mrthejoshmon said:

I like your DM layouts as well, they just seem to flow perfectly (I actually enjoyed the short time I played against bots, can't wait to DM some actual players on DM revival).

And as for the bot, I don't know what weapon it was (Did you place a BFG on that map? I never saw one myself but I could swear I heard one!), also the death screams made the match all that extra bit louder lol.

I'm pretty sure I did not put a BFG in the map. There are only plasma rifles, rocket launchers, super-shotguns, regular shotguns, and chainguns in the map. The BFG would have been an overkill (literally lol).

doomguy93 said:

@Doomkid & Joe Pallai, if there is anything you guys would like to add the text file (or remove from) feel free to let me know.

Everything looks good, so I'm all set.

@Doomkid, How is the map rearrangement process going so far? I'm looking to having DMR submitted to idgames sometime this week or next week. By the way, I have a little more free time to playtest now that my mid-term exams are over. I'm also available on the zdaemon IRC (for some reason I wasn't able to connect using my college's internet, but now that I am home my internet connects to IRC just fine).

Hey everyone, DMR is about to be uploaded to idgames. At the moment, all the maps are looking very good, but the mapset needs to be rearranged for the purpose of a good flow.
It is a very simple process. All I have to do is rename the map lumps and update the MAPINFO in XWE. It won't take long to do. But before I do so, I just want to get an idea from you guys on which maps need/don't need to be moved.

If you were to make a list and reorder them yourself, how would you do it?
The mapset needs to have a flow to it, based on theme & size.

Here is the current mapset of all 35 DMR maps:

MAP01 "DMR01"
MAP02 "Entrymake"
MAP03 "Training Center"
MAP04 "oT_War"
MAP05 "Cathartic Virtues"
MAP06 "Duke It Out"
MAP07 "Generic UAC Base"
MAP08 "Weapon Research Facility"
MAP09 "On Melancholy Hill"
MAP10 "Power Plant"
MAP11 "The Courtyard"
MAP12 "Skull Crusher"
MAP13 "No Fun Zone"
MAP14 "Gothic Halls"
MAP15 "Rape Dungeon"
MAP16 "Deathmatch Prison"
MAP17 "UAC Testing Facility"
MAP18 "Entrymake 2"
MAP19 "Donut"
MAP20 "Inferno Arena"
MAP21 "Water Station"
MAP22 "Block Fort"
MAP23 "Sin Chaser"
MAP24 "Splatter House"
MAP25 "Judgement"
MAP26 "Deathmatch Simple"
MAP27 "Brickage"
MAP28 "Dihydrogen Monoxide"
MAP29 "Switcherdoom!"
MAP30 "Way Of War"
MAP31 "Trips And Tracks"
MAP32 "Smoke Break"
MAP33 "Suicide House"
MAP34 "The Great Tree"
MAP35 "Credits"

Current build of the DMR pwad: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bvx0760yxus7x7f/DMR_2014.zip

Mediafire said:

Invalid or Deleted File.

The key you provided for file access was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire.

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance.

Apparently the DL is down.

mrthejoshmon said:

Apparently the DL is down.

Give me a minute, I'll fix it.

mrthejoshmon said:

Yes this download works, I will get back to you when I can, I have a lot of things I have to do all at once but I should be able to take a look at this soon.

Awesome man, thanks.

played the previous version yesterday, i just found a misaligned texture in No Fun Zone.... when i get to the PC i'll take a look to the new version

walter confalonieri said:

played the previous version yesterday, i just found a misaligned texture in No Fun Zone.... when i get to the PC i'll take a look to the new version

I'll look for that misaligned texture in that map. But I just want to know if the new arrangement of the maps is good.

mrthejoshmon said:

I gave it a whirl and found nothing wrong with it.

That's excellent news. Thanks for your feedback!

joe-ilya said:

Me too.

Awesome, I'm glad to hear that Joe. I'm just waiting on Walter Confalonieri's input and then we will be all set for the /idgames release.

I'll also see if I can submit it to DoomWADstation: http://www.doomwadstation.net/

doomguy93 said:

I'll look for that misaligned texture in that map. But I just want to know if the new arrangement of the maps is good.

Played the new version this evening and like the new map rotation, now themes are much more consistent from above version, not a big fan of the Cheetahmen Them on map04, i'll found it better with the old music...

walter confalonieri said:

Played the new version this evening and like the new map rotation, now themes are much more consistent from above version, not a big fan of the Cheetahmen Them on map04, i'll found it better with the old music...

That's good to hear that you liked to new map rotation. Now that you mentioned it, I think I'll change the new midi back to the old midi in my map 'Gothic Halls.' I think you're right, the old koopa troopa remix midi was better.

joe-ilya said:

There are a few sky misalignments and paper walls in 'suicide house'.

By sky misalignments, are you referring to when outside the house by the BROWN96 texture wall near the steps/garage? It's really not all that noticeable.

EDIT: @joe-ilya, the paper walls are from the evil sonic texture right? I'm 100% sure that was intended.