Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, all!
Russian Doom Community offers a new 32-level megawad "Whitemare 2" (boom-compatible, prboom-plus is recommended).

Megawad, based on the results of a four speedmapping contests, held on iddqd.ru in 2013, with such themes, as winter, thaw, precipices, and ancient civilizations. Maps were finalized some time later (some - very significantly), and several maps were built from
scratch.
This megawad tells us the fate of the Marine, who was going to celebrate the New Year. Suddenly, however, the monsters changed seasons' offset, and as a result - they stole the winter. We have to go through the mountains, castles and underground crypts, visit the flooded city, a lonely island and even visit the hell's edge before it will be possible to restore the normal course of the seasons.
But monsters were prepared for that as well - and with the return of winter, they prepared some unpleasant surprises...
We'll put the wad into 'incoming' directory soon...
Screenshots:

Link to idgames:
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?file=levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/white2.zip

A temporal link:
http://yadi.sk/d/FMchBkfmJnSyH

Have fun! :)

I really enjoyed the first one and the screenshots shown for this look very good. I can't wait to give it a shot when it's up.

Oh, yes. I've been keeping an eye on this for awhile; glad to see it's coming to fruition.

I'm definitely keeping my eye on this - I enjoyed the original Whitemare a ton in my small run of it with the DW Megawad Club, and I would love to be able to take a shot at this megawad.

Downloading...

Be nice if you considered those on slow connections. 75MB is big for some people to download. It'll probably shrink to about 40MB in a zip.

Suprise sequel to one of my favorite megawads. Thanks!
If people would just stick to making those cool pwads like this, instead of frauding, stealing and invading other countries :p

We tried to put a wad in 'incoming' several times. But after the process of moving the wad does not appear in the root directory. Can anybody explain what's wrong?

Have you answered to the verification email, which is mandatory since the end of last year?

No, because DragonHunter still have not received e-mail, to be answered.
Or he need to send e-mail to Ty indicating that the wad was sent to the 'Incoming'?

Shadowman said:

The zip archive is too big to upload?

Yep.

11. What will be rejected?

• Uploads with long filenames (more than 8 characters).
  • Warez copies of anything.
  • Junk in ZIP files.
  • Uploads with no text file included.
  • Anything not related to any Doom engine games (like a modification for Quake 3).
  • Any SLIGE/OBLIGE levels.
  • WADs with resources used without permission (though these might slip through; if someone complains, the file may be removed).
  • MP3s/OGGs in WADs, unless it can be verified that the creation is original, and ideally is intended for the specific WAD file.
  • Copyrighted sound clips of Disney, Beavis and Butthead, etc.
  • Unmodified parts of any IWAD.
  • "Demo" WADs that are not playable in their own right (other than editing examples).
  • Modified id Software levels.
  • Trademarked or copyrighted symbols.
  • Files over 50MB in size.
  • Any other questionable things.

It's still possible to upload large files, but you need to email Ty first.

These rejects are priceless:

Mon Feb 17 22:22:37 EST 2014 Rejected scaves.zip because: Bad upload zip=3080192 bytes
Mon Feb 24 11:39:02 EST 2014 Rejected falcit.txt because: no zip file uploaded
Sat Mar 1 14:34:06 EST 2014 Rejected corectf2final.txt because: Bad upload of zip file
Sat Mar 1 14:34:06 EST 2014 Rejected corectf2final.zip because: Bad upload zip=2031616 bytes

corectf2final is 2 gigabytes? scaves is 3 gigabytes? What the heckling heck.

It's not that you can't upload big files but maybe due to some connection problems it might be hard to do sometimes. I just uploaded it by myself, maybe it will work fine this time.

That 50 MB rule is quite outdated, a lot of >50 MB files have appeared since then and I'm pretty sure that Ty wasn't contacted beforehand by all these uploaders. (for example, in Dark Tartarus' readme the author says something like "I hope it will be accepted despite being over 50 MB")

Gez said:

corectf2final is 2 gigabytes? scaves is 3 gigabytes? What the heckling heck.

I'm afraid your math is flawed. :)

I really liked the first Whitemare and by the looks of it, I will like Whitemare 2 as well!

Jimothy said:

So now it's downloadable? Yep, getting it. I'm excited! :D

The wad was placed in the 'incoming' and organizer (DragonHunter) sent a confirmation email. It remains to wait official links :)

Memfis said:
I'm afraid your math is flawed. :)

Nah, Gez is 6" tall and in his tiny computer 1 MB counts as 1 GB ;)

I see some potential issues with uploading this to /idgames/ due to some of the music sources..

The most problematic songs being underscored below.

Music sources:

map 03 - Etherlords
map 04 - Unreal
map 06 - Quake 2 - Quad Machine
map 07 - Mikko Tarmia - Amnesia The Dark Descent - Grand Hall
map 08 - Hitman: Codename 47 OST - Main Title
map 09 - Perfect Dark - Alien Conflict
map 10 - Sviridov G.V - The Blizzard
map 11 - Kingdom Hearts - Sacred Moon
map 12 - Crue Ball - fast lane
map 13 - Dream Theater - These walls
map 14 - Requiem map02
map 15 - Cell - Floating Retention
map 16 - Killing Time
map 17 - Hexen2 - Pyramide of Anubis
map 19 - Burzum - Channeling The Power Of Souls
map 20 - Destructive God from the Past. Castlevania Lament of
Innocence OST [Extra]

map 21 - Hellgate London
map 22 - Gothic 3 - Showdown
map 23 - Doom 2 map09
map 24 - Disciples II - battle04
map 25 - Isis - Sounds of Egypt
map 26 - Memento Mori 2 map07
map 27 - Ian Boddy "Continuum"- "Beta": party V
map 28 - Jerry Goldsmith "Gremlins"
map 29 - Philip Traym - Main theme
map 30 - Jerry Goldsmith "Gremlins 2"
map 31 - Might & Magic 9
map 32 - Unreal Tournament - Underworld II
Titlepic - Disgaea
Interpic - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 – Ice Cap Zone (Plasma3Music Remix)

These are not MIDI or MUS files but digital songs in one way or another. I think having a full MID/MUS soundtrack would be better if you want to be safe.

I'd hate to be "that guy" but Ty would have an aneurysm seeing the amount of copyrighted music being used in this great WAD.

Also if the copyrighted music is cut, you are slashing about a good 10-12 MB off the WAD as well.

Does this mean we can use WADs full of Metallica MP3s now? :B

I agree with Mr. Chris about the music. Replacing them with MIDIs would also mean it would work with PrBoom as well. Maybe a fixed up version to make it more Boom-compatible would make this release live up to its potential. Besides, for whatever reason, I can't seem to finish Map 23 because the blue door won't open.