Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyka

TNT: Revilution . 2 small to medium maps wanted

Ragnor said:

Apologies if I missed anyone. I pretty much lined up a pile of tabs with PMs to every non-Devilution-reject mapper on the first post as well as one to D_GARG, then fired them off like a missile salvo between 60 second cooldowns

Salutations, paleface. :)

What is this? "TNT2 skies currently in there" my butt :p (unless those were concept skies from its past)

Anyway, having a good look at the pack I just sent to everyone, its definitely getting much more added in, I didnt see any of the textures Megamur and I voted in, so their all still to come! I have overwhelming positive feedback on the current pack in my inbox though, so were off to a great start :]

They are great textures indeed, but SKY2 and 3 don't match the OP! D:
SKY3 looks like a green variant of Devilution's SKY2, and I remember seeing different colour versions of it early in the thread.

SKY2 is too grey/bright IMHO

Sky 1 is likely going to be the skull one with heavy editing (The idea is that its the Evilution E3 area with remnants of the hell that just dissipated). Sky 2 should eventually be a space sky with a sense of foreboding in addition to the wonder Evilution and Devilution both have, Sky 3 is very helltech related, but I'd rather keep my plans for that one hidden for now till some concepts show up. Xaser's helping sort these details out, thanks man!

Got almost no sleep last night; Was kept awake for hours by more concepts, including the final level and a bonus level for slot 33

(Vanilla can have 35 maps, Plutonia 2 had a map 33 iirc, that or PRCP)

Ragnor said:

Got almost no sleep last night; Was kept awake for hours by more concepts, including the final level and a bonus level for slot 33

(Vanilla can have 35 maps, Plutonia 2 had a map 33 iirc, that or PRCP)

Chocolate map33 of PL2. But it was short and name inspiration is rather obvious for a port of choice. PRCP didn't had any bonus levels above 32.

Update: Megamur and I have been discussing episode themes and transitions for a while now, as a few have asked for.

Heres a general very rough plotline from bits and pieces of our ideas:
TNTR Episode 1: Seperate complex to the one from Evilution E1, Standard TNT techbases, usual fun stuff. The basic idea is that returning from Last Call, Doomguy traverses a different base, likely to get offworld to Earth. The moon still has dead remnants of the hell that faded away upon the IoS's death, which is why Sky 1's prototype is the way it is (feel free to make use of a few hellish defunct artifacts in places, likely outdoors)

TNTR Episode 2: Creepy, unsettling defunct base under a dark space sky. Escape transport ignores coordinates, takes Doomguy to the original gate facility (The one that was in Evilution's story) The villain of TNTR will make itself known over time, and interfere directly with the levels themselves; presence should be absent for first two or three levels, very low after first encounter, then gradually increase until its actively using the level itself to stop you; make the levels themselves feel hostile. End goal should be the original hellgate from Evilution that the marines locked down and experimented on.

TNTR Episode 3: Industrial tech-hell. Biomechanical computers, blood circuitry, bloody pipes and rust, a hell where human tech has been fully integrated with the demons, following on from Doom and Doom 2's increased usage of our tech over time. Megamur suggested that the entity behind this is the hellship itself, that has fused with the landscape itself and must be destroyed from within. As an alternate reality that diverges from Devilution, this is feasible, but I feel it steps on toes a little. Thoughts? My version is similar, but is definitely not the hellship.

Good synopsis for episodes but shouldn't be something that controlled the ship rather than unspoken entity merged from the bits of it into conscious crazy thing? I mean, let it be kind of personality using hellish and human merged technology, a ghost or demonic presence, something that haunts subverted machinery, identifies itself with it as their own body and hellspawn as it's mere drones. Something like Borgs from Star Trek or Zergs comes to my mind, also stuff like SHODAN or GLADOS in reference to original idea of Spider Mastermind "female" route, hellish metal mother that assimilated both hell and human reality to it's own twisted desires.

FearTheReaper said:

Good synopsis for episodes but shouldn't be something that controlled the ship rather than unspoken entity merged from the bits of it into conscious crazy thing? I mean, let it be kind of personality using hellish and human merged technology, a ghost or demonic presence, something that haunts subverted machinery, identifies itself with it as their own body and hellspawn as it's mere drones. Something like Borgs from Star Trek or Zergs comes to my mind, also stuff like SHODAN or GLADOS in reference to original idea of Spider Mastermind "female" route, hellish metal mother that assimilated both hell and human reality to it's own twisted desires.

Thats similar to what I have in mind actually. Hence why it will interfere with maps shortly after E2's beginning right up till the finale

If an IoS has to be a wall, give a reason why its a wall, and make it believable. The original IoS was lacking in this regard, much potential wasted.

As I understand, you've got quite a few "epic" maps already, so is it okay if I make something short? I'm thinking a bit longer that TNT's map10.

That could also work, yes. Anything that links two seperate bases (12 will need some aesthetic editing to show whatever link is done. I do DEMAND to see at least one UAC truck in a level though. <3 Shipping/Respawning trailer

Oh dear. That track is mega-fantastical -- is it too early to claim it for crazy-swirly-singularity Xasermap? :P

Due to the current situation, I would prefer you claim it for a map in progress, rather than just snatching it up.

Singularity is his Revilution map, Bucket. (Thanks again Xaser for bringing life to my old concept map)

I really like this one, definitely want to use this one in the project :)

Nice, Its always better when a midi and map combo are determined early, they can fit each other much easier during development. I have this playing on repeat now btw.

I'd prefer to have all new music, Evilution's use of Doom 2 tracks annoyed me to end, lets not emulate that aspect..

The name does fit the tech theme, yes. If you really want it, ask a midi composer to remix it in TNT style (We already have an Evilution track fused with one of Bucket's tracks in slot 1) and I'll assign it to your map.

We now have a fourth complete midi, The Aftermath, an intermission theme courtesy of Eris Falling, thanks man :)

I may be offline for a while to due to IRL drama. Kyka should be back soon though, so I doubt it'll be that noteworthy, but still.

If anyone wants to collaborate, I have a few tracks that don't seem to be going anywhere.

Ok. I am back.

With news.

New texture pack will be out in the next week or so, with hopefully more finalised skies for all you mappers to work with, and a few new textures also.

Thanks Ragnor for holding down the fort in my absence. Love your work.

I'll send you our Intermission midi next time im available on Skype. We have four compete midis now :D

Xaser is using Bucket's ToNgue Tied for his Singularity map. Glad to return the reins to the rightful leader, I have internet issues at home again >_>

I think it would be great if the texture pack had some 128x128 "glassy" (window) textures without borders. I request that.

I haven't forgotten to record the FDAs, I have just been busy as I now have a job and it seems to eat up the weekends along with parts of the weekday but I will get them done soon, as I have a couple of free days this week. Sorry if anyone was waiting for my feedback.