Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

Need an assist with my main page

As I have stated on many occasions - I am no web designer. And my main page shows that (glaringly). I need help with it. Anyone willing to donate a bit of time to cleaning it up so it displays properly or coming up with a cleaner design altogether?

Nomad said:

http://www.abyssia.com you mean like this?

No. I like the site colors. I'd just like to reorganize and clean up, if you will. The way it looks now is barely ok. I'm not looking to modern it up or anything - although that might not be a bad idea. I'd just like to clean it up though and make everything display correctly - for instance - the site news REFUSES to get in to the middle of the screen and I have no idea why - because I don't know code well enough to figure it out.

Sorry, my post was a joke. Shameless plug for my intentionally shitty 90's geocities-esq page.

Are you talking about the doomwadstation site? I'm surprised half of the markup even works anymore, considering that a lot of the old HTML tags have been phased out since the original page was designed.

I'd have to put some serious detective skills to the test to determine the problem you have with the news, but frankly the whole page would be better off just being completely redone. I'd offer but I can't make any promises on time and availability to do it; both are limited commodities for myself these days. :(

Nomad said:

Sorry, my post was a joke. Shameless plug for my intentionally shitty 90's geocities-esq page.

Your "best viewed with" needs to recommend 16-bit colors and a resolution like 800x600.

Nomad said:

Are you talking about the doomwadstation site? I'm surprised half of the markup even works anymore, considering that a lot of the old HTML tags have been phased out since the original page was designed.

I'd have to put some serious detective skills to the test to determine the problem you have with the news, but frankly the whole page would be better off just being completely redone. I'd offer but I can't make any promises on time and availability to do it; both are limited commodities for myself these days. :(

I changed it myself. It fits the rest of the site and is a bit cleaner to look at - easier to navigate. Not perfect, but better