Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrthejoshmon

Is there a "Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown" mod anywhere?

Duke Nukem 3D was ported to the Sony Playstation under the title "Duke Nukem: Total Meltdown".

This version also came with extras like a different episode to "The Birth" (E4) called "Plug And Pray" as well as some kick ass music, new stats screens...

Basically a lot of things were different (But not as different as Duke Nukem 64)...

Anyway, I was wondering if there was a mod or TC out there for either Doom or Duke Nukem 3D that turns the game into "Total Meltdown", I have searched all over and found nothing but ROMs for the PSX port, forum posts that seem to get me no where (probably like this one)/post that turn into arguments some how, dead links and even crappy monotone lets play videos.

(And as much as I want to emulate the game, it seems even doing it straight from the disk results in no wall textures being loaded which is also oddly enough what happens when I try to emulate my PSX Doom disks, but that is off topic).

I'm not aware of a mod based on the PSX version of DN3D but there is a mod for Duke64 which runs on EDuke32.

Avoozl said:

...but there is a mod for Duke64 which runs on EDuke32.

Unfortunately, I don't really care for the more heavily censored N64 version...

...Because I already completed that mod.

mrthejoshmon said:

Unfortunately, I don't really care for the more heavily censored N64 version...

I think Duke 64 is superior in many ways.

HWGuy said:

The guy who made the DN64 mod is working on a light version of Plug 'n Pray. No idea when it'll happen.

http://forums.duke4.net/topic/7109-wip-duke-nukem-total-meltdown-lite/

Well from what I have seen that may be all we are getting from Total Meltdown.

Technician said:

I think Duke 64 is superior in many ways.

Well:

mrthejoshmon said:

Piper Maru said:

I love the music in the psx version of Duke Nukem 3d.

I have all the game music downloaded, I was going to put it into a .wad and distribute it via my Youtube but I thought doing that was warez (is it?) so I didn't go through with it.

mrthejoshmon said:

I have all the game music downloaded, I was going to put it into a .wad and distribute it via my Youtube but I thought doing that was warez (is it?) so I didn't go through with it.

I love this remix of Mellow Chello.

To be honest I never really saw the point in the sexual themes in the game, I don't play FPS games for that reason and I pretty much enjoyed the larger range of weapons in Duke Nukem 64.