Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

GreyGhost said:

I have one which might fit the bill, which was probably excluded from the archive for containing IWAD resources. It's a 3 wad set (swgrfx.wad, swlev.wad & swsound.wad) that was distributed as DOOMSW.ZIP around October 1994. Don't have a text file so can't say who compiled them.

Yes, this is the one! With a modified pistol as rocket launcher. However, this seems to be an earlier version of what I got to play back then, the shotgun got missing animations and other tiny bits I detected.

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind, the animations were my fault, I have pk_weapons in autoload. YES! This is the one! Thank you very much!

I'm looking for PIR2.wad released at old Bill Parker's website. Links to it were posted by Mad Butcher two years ago, but link has died.

Apparently there's a Bowling Alley Deathmatch wad floating around out there that's credited to Kashtanka, but I can't find it for the life of me. Or any of Kashtanka's wads for that matter (Thank you Google for being supremely unhelpful)

I think the problem is not so much in Google's search capabilities but in fact that Kashtanka is very shy to release anything for some reason. I've never seen him posting any of his works on the Russian forum. He always posts lots of incredibly looking screenshots but never the actual WADs. So maybe that wad you're talking about was only shared in private with some people.

Memfis said:

I think the problem is not so much in Google's search capabilities but in fact that Kashtanka is very shy to release anything for some reason. I've never seen him posting any of his works on the Russian forum. He always posts lots of incredibly looking screenshots but never the actual WADs. So maybe that wad you're talking about was only shared in private with some people.

Then how did it get stolen and used in a certain Italian project?

I'm not sure if this has been posted before in the thread, but I'm trying to track down the Shooting Monsters with Guns WAD. I've tried all the download links here on Doomworld and the zDoom forums, but all the links I've found are dead. Could anyone help me out?

I'm searching for a map that I played last year that may be from 2013 but maybe not. It takes place at night, has a new sky, I think it takes place mostly outside and there are some animated force fields. I think it mostly had silver textures and some tall buildings.

Jimothy said:

I'm not sure if this has been posted before in the thread, but I'm trying to track down the Shooting Monsters with Guns WAD. I've tried all the download links here on Doomworld and the zDoom forums, but all the links I've found are dead. Could anyone help me out?

SMWGuns9Q.zip

I get the feeling Katamori killed those links and will probably be restarting the project pretty much from scratch, since his project files are on a recently deceased hard drive. I can PM you a copy if you like.

Okay let's see... I remember playing sometimes an old level pack a few years back, I used to host it every now and then back when we had an ADSL thing for our internet- so easy without having to port forward and all that~ XD

But yeah, I can remember some things about it- probably a couple of maps- mainly the first one- being VERY open, but it was very grey, almost like it had "rooms" ..and a large computer area too iirc...
Also remember the shotgun sound being replaced with the "kepooow" kinda shot, almost delayed in it's firing, which I believe was from another megawad.

Another of the maps was almost like an abstract warehouse kinda deal, along with another map being dark with lots of lights, platforms and rails, and you needed all the keys to get in the exit room..

Would love to play that again for nostalgia~

Memfis said:

Sounds a bit like Invasion UAC and Destination Unknown.

Nope none of those two- I know those well~

There is a map cited in the book 'secrets of the doom gurus', it's a 'base' map, called out for the look of it's exterior (uses mostly the BROWN1 texture and looks like a museum or something... I believe there is a picture in the book)

Another point about the level that the book mentions is a trick in the front door - the author set a crusher in the doortrak to give the door variable heights to look at while opening, and so the door opens at random heights seeming broken to the player.

If anyone has the book or knows the map it'd be a big help, I've tried searching for a doom map with a 'base' theme but as you can imagine there's more than a few of those.

In regards to this mystery wad I'm after I believe there was a level made of wooden textures too- set "inside"...

There was a bunch of wads packed together on the /idgames archive, I know that two of them was EGYPT.wad and FORTRESS.wad but I lost the other wad files and I cannot re-locate the download link.

(Also, EGYPT.wad had a Sphinx made out of linedefs and sectors)

EDIT: never mind, i actually just found it: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?file=levels/doom2/m-o/marksdm2.zip

reflex17 said:

There is a map cited in the book 'secrets of the doom gurus', it's a 'base' map, called out for the look of it's exterior (uses mostly the BROWN1 texture and looks like a museum or something... I believe there is a picture in the book)

Another point about the level that the book mentions is a trick in the front door - the author set a crusher in the doortrak to give the door variable heights to look at while opening, and so the door opens at random heights seeming broken to the player.

That'll be Return to Phobos

GreyGhost said:

Ah thanks! I downloaded that recently and had a quick look, altho I didn't find the area I spoke of it's good to have confirmation.

EDIT: OK Here's one wad that's really stumping me, I've never seen it in any best-of lists or anything. Here are the things I remember about it:

-Pre-Doom 2 (I'm sure my brother downloaded it when Doom was relatively new)
-More than one level, likely 2 or 3
-I think it used custom graphics which leads to a distinctive point:
-The 'floppy disk' loading icon was replaced with an icon of a tree

I remember the level design was really abstract like a fever dream or something lol... I've looked and looked and I know this wad exists.

Memfis said:

One of my favorites from that year.

Yeah that's the one. As if the filename didn't give it away... *rollseyes*

Thanks a lot!

I'm searching for the old levels "PstDooM III" by Taxman (Pichusoft). There are some levels in the archive (pstlevx, pstlevm, pstdhn and pstdhz), but probably more of them exists.

VVL said:

I'm searching for the old levels "PstDooM III" by Taxman (Pichusoft). There are some levels in the archive (pstlevx, pstlevm, pstdhn and pstdhz), but probably more of them exists.

pstdoom3.zip