Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofheck82

Untitled

This was something I wrote down in Wordpad today and I think it turned out OK. Give it a read and tell me what you think :)

It's funny. You could've sworn earlier when you blasted that abominable thing with the glowing green hands and the twisted, scarred face, that nightmare, that you heard its scream of pain. Its scream of mortal agony. Now it sounds far off, worth forgetting about. It doesn't seem to matter. Not anymore.
You ask yourself repeatedly, somewhere in the back of your mind, how long this has been going on. Not just the fight currently going on, but this whole thing. When did you get here, in this Hell? How long has this been going on? How long's it been? Years, maybe decades, maybe even centuries? Just how long? Where, and when will this ceaseless slaughter stop? Have you ever died? It's worth asking. The sense of time, the sense of scale - it seems to have no beginning.
It feels like you've been here forever.

Lately you've been thinking of turning that shotgun in your hands on yourself. But you're low on ammo, like usual. One shell should do it though. One should be enough. This is the time for all this to stop, the endless violence, the hideous things attacking you. Attacking each other. Things you'll never not see. Sounds you'll always remember. Screams of agony, of intense pain.

This has got to stop.

Very bleak! I'm guessing English is your second language as some of the grammar is a bit iffy but overall I quite like it. I've always had a soft spot for these little vignettes. :)

Thank you for your positive response :) Actually English is my first and only language. I'm from North Carolina, in the United States, and our English isn't always the best here :)