Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MikeyScoots

2114 - Doom 2 20th Anniversary Level Remake

THE CONCEPT: Doom II was released 20 years ago in 1994. Compared to the technology we have today, the design of the levels and textures are considered to be poor as compared to some legendary wads we've seen over the last two decades. The idea is to remake all 32 levels, complete with better textures, increased difficulty, alternate exits, brand new rooms, new original soundtrack, non-linear gameplay and designed in style of Doom and Doom II secrets/traps/rooms.

As of current, I am working on Map's 1, 2 and 5.

Some screens from Map 1: Early design phase but decent enough to give a concept of the ideal goal of the project.

Update #2 Going to bed now kthx

LEVEL LIST - If anyone would like to contribute to this project, as of current I am using the greenwar2tex pack for some of the custom textures seen in shots. Encouraging anyone to suggest better one's as I've been off/on from doom for a few years.

ALL OTHER SLOTS AVALIABLE

Map 01 - Bloodskull 75% complete
Map 02 - Bloodskull 5% complete
Map 03 - T_Silverwolf ?% complete
Map 05 - Bloodskull 10% complete

Looks cool already. And, if I'm not mistaken, you were the project leader in Dark Resolution 2008 so I'm definitely intrigued! That was a cool semi-hardcore (and full hardcore at the end) wad.

Are you planning to rebuild the original Doom2 Maps in terms of the layout or to make completely new ones?
And what format does the map supposed to have (Vanilla/LR/Boom)?

Toruniquet: I am completely rebuilding the original Doom2 maps in terms of layout, while adding new routes and rooms as well as re-texturing and re-scaling the levels themselves.

So far so good. keep it up. really like the green sky which I remember seeing some place else.

So far so good. keep it up. really like the green sky which I remember seeing some place else.

SFoZ911 said:

I remember seeing this post some place else :-p

Those shots look really great. I might be interested in contributing a map but first i would like to know in which map format you're working?

I would like to give map 03 Gauntlet a try if you'll have the map. My time has been extremely limited lately so it might take me a little bit, but I'll wait for your word before I start.

Silverwolf: Have a go at map 03. Greenwar2tex is the texture pack I'm currently using, other tex packs and custom textures are allowed. Thanks!

To T: Map format currently is in standard Doom2 format. I would recommend a boom supported engine for rendering and textures. As of current I test my maps with the latest Zdoom release.

Good morning,

I had 2 free hours last night and instead of spending them with my significant other, I decided I'd put together something. This would (ideally) be the very start of the map or near it. I'm going to build a little transition point from the Underhalls into this, but I'll see what I can come up with. Ignore some of the graphical anomalies and skyclipping, I'll fix that soon enough. This was 2 hours of speed mapping rather than trying to pin down things for final release.

I've not played the maps you're referring to but I will give them a shot as soon as I have time.

Have a good day!

CURRENT MAPLIST
----------------------
Map 01 - 100% COMPLETE - Bloodskull
Map 02 - ?? Complete - Darkhaven
Map 03 - ?? Complete - T_silverwolf
Map 05 - 25% complete - Bloodskull
Map 07 - Bloodskull
Map 10 - Bloodskull
-----------------------------------
All other map slots are STILL OPEN
-----------------------------------
UV Difficulty should be at Alien Vendetta/Scythe 2/Hell Revealed difficulty.

New shots from map 05 herp derp!

http://www32.speedyshare.com/cRUJs/download/Screenshot-Doom-20140331-223911.png

http://www32.speedyshare.com/8Sg2J/download/Screenshot-Doom-20140331-223928.png