Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fellowzdoomer

The World's Longest Doom Level

Does anyone know what the worlds longest doom level is?

By longest, I mean length of map and the time taken to hunt and kill most of the enemies and locate secrets. Not counting fails...

didn't someone make a gigantic-scale Doom level based off of New York City some years ago, then never posted here again after he showed it off?

TimeOfDeath said:

Holy Hell map05 is the longest I know of at 2:58:33 max by Okuplok.

Ditto. Holy Hell is the first that came to my mind. Took me around 5 hours on my first playtrough

Doomhuntress said:

didn't someone make a gigantic-scale Doom level based off of New York City some years ago, then never posted here again after he showed it off?

Yep, Planisphere, by Perro Seco, see Salahmander2's post.

I've seen him posting in Spanish speaking Doom forums, but since I rarely visit those places, I don't know much about him.

If I'm not mistaken, he's from Puerto Rico.

EDIT: It even got a mention in the Cacowards.

Fellowzdoomer said:

Any wads with all of dooms maps in 1 level?

Memorial.wad by Eternal.

Zed said:

Yep, Planisphere, by Perro Seco, see Salahmander2's post.

I've seen him posting in Spanish speaking Doom forums, but since I rarely visit those places, I don't know much about him.

If I'm not mistaken, he's from Puerto Rico.

EDIT: It even got a mention in the Cacowards.

Nope, Spain.

And yes, Planishpere 2 is big AS HELL, but i still think that Vanilla Sky is bigger, probably.
I think i'll open those maps on doom builder to see how big they are.

I played thru the entirety of Vanilla Sky, and it isn't as big as, say, MAP05 of Deus Vult or any level from Holy Hell.

Also I submit my vote towards Planisphere 2 being the largest ever made so far too.

Fellowzdoomer said:

Any wads with all of dooms maps in 1 level?

Memorial.wad, all of Doom 2 in one map in Boom format
Doom: One, (allegedly) all of Ultimate Doom...made in ZDoom in Hexen format

well krypto made it to the end of the current map (allegedly 75% the size of the intended finished product, here's hoping oku materializes one day and finishes it) in ~3.5 hours. Not sure how much longer an "optimized" demo would be, seeing as the only focus while recording would likely be staying alive, not particularly caring about speed.

TimeOfDeath said:

How can you tell without a demo of it? :)

Heh :p
As much as I'd like to see a successful demo of this abomination, I doubt any sane human being could record one. But who knows ?
I recall j4rio tried something a few months ago, but it's not too late, you can still catch up on him ToD !

Fellowzdoomer said:

Any link to memorial.wad

Here it is : http://prboom-plus.sourceforge.net/memorial.zip

Hah, I'm still sane enough not to even attempt it. There was just a 40 minute long okuplok's attempt. Yeah, "just".

Definitely not the absolute longest, but if you're just looking for long Doom maps, I recall Warpzone taking me a few hours to beat.

Wow, I thought it was MINDFUCK.wad, but apparently I was wrong. Still, I'd say it's a candidate for one of the longest maps.

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/60490-mindfuck-wad-release-by-ac1dgod/

Over 60,000 linedefs - That's pretty damn insane. Also worth nothing, it was created by Acid God, I'm guessing he was tripping balls while designing this and it's apparent when you see the textures chosen. Even so it's very interesting to check out.