Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

1994 compilations

How many of these exist? I know heroes.wad, megawad.wad, ep4b.wad, newdoom.wad (probably the weakest of the bunch). Oh, and also the wadpak series, haven't played those yet. Are there more?

A compiler calling himself Stephen J. Scaife created dozens of them early in 1995, I think his intention was to include every Doom map available at that time. My collection's incomplete but there appears to be 13 wads in the ALERT series, 10 in the ATAC series, 12 in the KILLER series and maybe 20 in the WADPAK series.

There's also Carsten Schmitz's NEWWAD series from mid-1994, which runs to at least 23 episode-sized wads, the three Cobra Episodes megawads, four DOOMPL episodes from someone who simply signs himself as "Paul" and several dozen others I've found over the years - mostly without text files.

Ooh, sounds like I have more wads to check out. Heroes was pretty damn good.

Dmd2die.wad is another old compilation wad, one of my first megawads as a kid.

There was a thread about the Cobra episodes.

Another compilation wad is the simply-named megawad made by Nathan Lineback (the guy behind Marswar). In case that link dies, the wad is also here, thanks to a highly masochistic recording session on my part.

General Rainbow Bacon said:

Any links for all those in your list Greyghost?

They're all sitting on my hard drive. I couldn't say offhand which ones I found online and which were on shovelware CDs, so I'll just zip the directory and dump it here. It's a 103MB download with 127 wads - have fun.

GreyGhost said:

They're all sitting on my hard drive. I couldn't say offhand which ones I found online and which were on shovelware CDs, so I'll just zip the directory and dump it here. It's a 103MB download with 127 wads - have fun.

lol, I have a feeling this will be more worth it than those 103MB single wad/pk3's that some people put out.

[rant]I hate when people cram their stuff with HQ mp3 files. It just seems like such wasted space..[/rant]

+ the EPI*BEST series of three wadpaks by Eugene Woiwod:
doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=265
doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=266
doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=267

edit:
+ the anonymous COLLECT series:
http://doomedsda.us/wad331.html
http://doomedsda.us/wad332.html
http://doomedsda.us/wad333.html

and a few miscellania:
doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=3206]ace_dwf - PC Zone WAD contest compilation
doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=3202]GOODLORD.WAD (from almighty.zip) by The Kid / The Lord / Blackfist
biggest.wad - anonymous

NB: all the individual levels contained in the above WADs have been identified; all but the EPI*BEST have demos on DSDA.