Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

mrthejoshmon said:

Nice, the second shot reminds me somewhat of Dis from Ultimate Doom.

Thanks... actually, like the original plutonia, is based upon an original doom level... but i don't tell what level i take...

Something VERY w.i.p I started working on some minutes ago

There's nothing too much on it, but i'll just continue with the empty spaces to the left, center and right to connect it with another area and stop there, or i'll won't be able to reach the god damn deadline.
__
Oh, btw, Jimi, i love your screenshot, reminds me a lot of plutonia, that's good... in my opinion.

Visions of Hell #05 : the Grueller

This one was a bit of a grueller to make, taking a week longer than the other 4 levels. Just some thing balancing to tinker with and secrets to add now though.

That's quite nice. Looks like a rather sunny pleasant day in that second image.

I like the dripping blood on those floating platforms.

Katamori said:

Obsidian, are you serious? SILVER with some ancient bricks? :D

I think it looks quite stylish, thank you very much. :P

Xegethra said:

That's quite nice. Looks like a rather sunny pleasant day in that second image.

I like the dripping blood on those floating platforms.

The light level is 176 so perhaps sunny but maybe not so pleasant :-) those floating platforms are crushers.

Katamori said:

Obsidian, are you serious? SILVER with some ancient bricks? :D

I'm not a fan of silver in generally but there is an art in juxtaposing clashing textures and I think this is just on the right side of that line.

purist said:

Visions of Hell #05 : the Grueller

haha the grueller is such a great name, impossible to say without using an evil voice.

My hundredth released map (later today) - Big Woodchip. It follows on from Woodchip and Woodchip Woodchip in the 2nd and 3rd Abyssal Speedmapping Sessions. Those of you familiar with where I'm getting these names from should know to look out for a Bigger Woodchip at some point, too ;)
http://i.imgur.com/T6HVow4.png

Ledillman: Thanks. Your level could have some brighter details.. now it's all so dark.

purist: Cool stuff. First shot reminds me of the lost soul corridor in The Pit.

Phobus: Congrats on the 100! Looking good.

--

M04: Cooked (or whatever)... This one took a bit longer, had a really bad headache last night.

The textures themselves are alright, but I think they tile rather poorly across long surfaces(like in the first shot) everything else looks alright, kinda STRAIN-ish too.

Marcaek said:

The textures themselves are alright, but I think they tile rather poorly across long surfaces(like in the first shot) everything else looks alright, kinda STRAIN-ish too.

thank you.
Good point, i will have to fix the tiling problem. seems to be a small batch of darker dots ruining it.

- fixed
now with 80 percent more rust
http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t488/frognap/doomworld%20previews/doom00_zpsd36e0c9c.png

Jimi said:
Ledillman: Thanks. Your level could have some brighter details.. now it's all so dark.

Hmm, actually the darker parts of it (mostly all what yo ucan see) is just 128 on brightness, not that dark i think, but it can be the textures chosen. Anyways i'm focusing in giving it a good lightning effect so it should look better when i finish it... probably.

a proposed automap layout of a deathmatch map. I plan on adding something to the right side as well as minor detail to it.

edited:

E1M3 is progressing (slowly):

The 0.5 rifle sprites replace the chaingun. It's mostly a cosmetic change, the actual behavior difference is minimal.

Hurricyclone said:

http://i.imgur.com/TotJRmm.png
a proposed automap layout of a deathmatch map. I plan on adding something to the right side as well as minor detail to it.
edited:

It looks pretty linear, mostly due to the hallways. I'd ditch most of them and replace with their own areas, then connect everything a little better.

Woolie Wool: The rifle looks pretty similar to the shotgun, might be confusing, unless you also change the shotgun...

--

Mean while...

Lamentations...