Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ASD

Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material

DooM_RO said:

Maybe we could talk to Carmack to convince the guys at Id/Zenimax? I know he's not there anymore but he likely still has some connections. It doesn't seem like a big thing to ask.

He'd probably not mind throwing his hat into the ring, but I don't know how much weight it would carry, connections or not. Remember that he left because he felt that Zenimax scorned him by rejecting VR (and possibly other reasons?). I get the feeling that Zenimax doesn't give a damn what he says. Now, he could probably influence those inside id, but I doubt he'd influence Zenimax directly.

I really want to jump into the conversation over at Duke4, but I'm still waiting for my account to be approved (just registered yesterday). How long does it usually take? I keep seeing admins actively browsing, but nothing's happened yet.

Sodaholic said:

I really want to jump into the conversation over at Duke4, but I'm still waiting for my account to be approved (just registered yesterday). How long does it usually take? I keep seeing admins actively browsing, but nothing's happened yet.

I've been trying to get my account approved over at ZDaemon for years.

Sodaholic said:

I have been so tempted to get an account over there but I just don't think I would be able to be any use over there (Well I might as well, not like I am much use over here either :P).

Emailed the admin. Turns out he was just busy, and promptly approved it and many others. I'm gonna ask what the current situation regarding the Doom and Strife betas are.

Technician said:

I've been trying to get my account approved over at ZDaemon for years.

That sucks. I happen to have been approved (can't remember why I registered, because I'm not much of a multiplayer guy), would you like me to ask them to on your behalf?

EDIT: Their PR guy had this to say:

DaveyDoomsday said:

Introduced Fred to some folks at Bethesda this week. Here's to hoping they're cool with him releasing the Prey assets!

While Prey doesn't catch my interest, hopefully these inroads could assist in releasing the id stuff.

I doubt we'll see any Doom or Strife material released but it looks like the Duke community have struck the jackpot. Good luck to them, I'll be keeping an eye on this.