• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Tango said:

been messing around more with 2D stuff lately

http://imgur.com/a/g6Oq5

This looks super cool! I like that you're getting the retro-graphics look while avoiding the usual moire/contrast/tiling issues that have plagued some other similarly-themed Doom projects like MM8BDM.

Is this Pogostick-based?

thanks dudes! yeah I'm gonna have to be real careful about textures and backgrounds and things. and yeah it's Pogostick-based (or Pogostick-Plus-based, technically). camera's going to need some tweaking though so shit like shot 2 doesn't happen with ceilings or floors.

edit: http://imgur.com/qe29FWI

did some more stuff, I think the textures look kind of weird though. not sure if it's just these ones, or if it's because of the lack of flats. might need to think about designing my own though 9_9

Due to my lack of image editing skills, I've spent way too many hours trying to make a new sky for an eps. 2 map I'm making. But finally, I think I managed to cook something up that looks good enough. It's parts Skulltag sky and parts some of Eye del Cul's work. Thanks to Memfis recently helping a fellow DW member, it's even a 1024 wide sky. I had problems making it work, but Memfis' answer got me back on track... so, thanks man! :)

I'd say those all-black flats need replacing with something that matches the textures, Tango.

Totally non linear obnoxiously huge techbase map that you'll get lost in.

After 2 years of PAINFUL editing, drawing 29890 lines (!!!!!), using 551 different variations of textures and flats, placing 638 monsters.... technically it's actually 3 years if I include the first area I ever designed with Revelations of DooM in mind (that I couldn't help but sew onto the map for petty nostalgic reasons and because it had a few neat ideas, but I like to believe it adds value haha)...

http://i.imgur.com/RwwUxLq.jpg

Da Werecat said:

What does that lonely linedef in the void do?

Cry itself to sleep every night, longing for the touch of another.

Following screenshots are from a project I'm working on, a city map using default textures that is about 21,000 x 21,000 units.

Movie theater. You can see the projector room, which is easily accessible.

Wide shot of hallway outside of the theater.

Satanic library with a sacrificial table.

Claustrophobic sewer.

Another foreboding shot of the sewer system.

Hospital infested with baddies.

In the operating room of the hospital, machinery performs the operation. You can see an open door into the room where the doctor controls the apparatus.

Grocery store. You'll have to go outside to find the generator to turn on the lights!

Wide view of a good chunk of the city.

Grocery store ceiling = Fucking awesome idea my friend.

I hope you put that much effort on the gameplay as much as the visually realistic style.

1 month later...
I am so bored with this map >:(

edit: That arch-vile(?) in Goatlord's 3rd shot is so well placed. Great silhouette.

SFoZ911 said:

Grocery store ceiling = Fucking awesome idea my friend.

Totally agree. Keep up the good work!

As much as I'd like to say the same about Deathevo's map, it's really kind of hard to tell what's what due to how densely packed those lines are :V

That's some amazing stuff, Goatlord!!

esselfortium said:

Cry itself to sleep every night, longing for the touch of another.

Hahaha, I did it so that I could get Doombuilder to say I created a romantic drawing, I needed some affirmation.

Over the top secret area

Needs some central islands, more height variation around the outside path and a secret blue key still.

Marcaek said:

As much as I'd like to say the same about Deathevo's map, it's really kind of hard to tell what's what due to how densely packed those lines are :V

It was a lot more audible when it was a direct image on this forum because I took the screenshot at 1920 x 1080... but I can understand why it was taken down to a link, haha.

Lol ye, somehow a part of myanimelist.net was displayed in Doom Builder. I don't know if it's a problem with my quite old installation of Windows XP or what, but I'm getting really funny graphic glitches sometimes, like Doom in LSD colors, all programs having wrong icons, file type descriptions changing to some Chinese symbols, etc. I'm a big fan of all sorts of glitch art so I'm quite enjoying using this system.

dobu gabu maru said:

It's always surprising how much atmosphere you can eek out of a map just by adjusting lighting and adding in a few textures.

I completely agree and love the changes you made, these areas look incredibly threatening now.