Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Venk

help playin zandronum multiplayer

Hi can i get some help? I love brutal doom, especially the most recent version, but i have no clue how to play it with my friend. We live together, but i have no clue how to play online with him, or is it possible to link our laptops together and play?

Try using your LAN since you guys live together.
Also why not just have a classic deathmatch? Brutal Doom just makes the game very unbalanced.

Use Doomseeker to create a server. Doomseeker comes bundled with Zandronum. You can choose either internet or LAN.

I play Zandronum multiplayer a lot and I can tell you what I do.

Step 1: Get an IRC program. I use HexChat and it works good.

Step 2: Set up HexChat or whatever you are using.

Step 3: Go to this place and click the #zandronum at the bottom.

Step 4: It'll ask you what program to open it with. Choose whatever IRC program you downloaded. Then it'll open the program. Wait for it to do it's thing.

Step 5: In the tab that says just says Zandronum, NOT #Zandronum, type in "/join #bestever" without the quotes obviously. If it worked a little tab that says #bestever should have showed up.

Step 6: Go back to the tab that just says Zandronum, and then open your internet browser and go to this place and follow the directions.

Of course using LAN would probably be easier.

Thanks for all the prompt replies. About the LAN, how do i do that? I probly sound like an uber noob, i rather suck with computers. Does it involve using my internet connection? Or an ethernet cable?

Venk said:

Thanks for all the prompt replies. About the LAN, how do i do that? I probly sound like an uber noob, i rather suck with computers. Does it involve using my internet connection? Or an ethernet cable?

LAN is a local area net work, meaning you would play multiplayer with your friend using the same internet connection. So there is no ethernet cable required if you internet connection is wireless. An ethernet cable I do believe would be used if you where to use system link (although I'm not even sure if Zandronum even supports that)

Soooo... we both opened doomseeker. And have no clue of where to go from here. Help? I literally have no clue what to do. All i want is to make a co op server for me and my friend to play brutal doom v19

Did that, but my friend cant find my server. And all servers arent working for him