Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

Apparently id is working on something called "Zion"

Doom: Iron Lion Zion edition.

Where Doomguy is gonna put on an Iron Shirt and chase the devil out da Earth. He's gonna send him to outta space, to find another race.

joe-ilya said:

Zion is a jewish name(school is useful isn't it? Heh)

But the word Zion has a quite specific meaning in Rastafarianism, hence the reggae reference (if you wondered why Rastas seem so obsessed with Zion and Babylon, here's why ) ;-)

i never were a big fan of Bob Marley, actually. the stuff i did hear from him i found to be rather boring, and i rather like reggae and dub music.

Maes said:

But the word Zion has a quite specific meaning in Rastafarianism, hence the reggae reference (if you wondered why Rastas seem so obsessed with Zion and Babylon, here's why ) ;-)

[yt]tBWFofJSm-c[yt]

Stop it with your raggae videos, maes. :P
Listened to the song to know how it's spelt and found out it goes like: Za-yon
And it means penis in jewish, another reason why school is useful.

Topic time: There's barely any information about it, but we guess it's an FPS with some of the titles.

Could be another post apocalyptic shooter about humans trying to build a city of refuge called Zion. Or it could something else, but that's what the word Zion brings to my mind. Regardless, this is great news as it is an indication that id software is not dead but is probably turning itself around.

doom_is_great said:

Could be another post apocalyptic shooter about humans trying to build a city of refuge called Zion.

OH BOY! RAGE 2!

doomgargoyle said:

Maybe id software are Zionists.

That would give Hitler another reason besides Wolfenstein 3D to hate id Software.

Sodaholic said:

That would give Hitler another reason besides Wolfenstein 3D to hate id Software.

Wow, interresting. also funny that they are using a quake icon.

speculation / observation ;
makes me wonder if it is not more then quake 1 with an officially updated renderer.

FireFish said:

makes me wonder if it is not more then quake 1 with an officially updated renderer.

I'd still get it to be honest... :P

In IL we have a Zion. It was famous for being in a dry county / dry city. .... until some non Christian moved in and fucked it up. He said the city is dry because of religious reasons. Everyone agreed with him.

The city is full of crime, but hosts the best haunted house in the state if not region.

All of the roads are named after biblical figures.

geo said:

In IL we have a Zion. It was famous for being in a dry county / dry city. .... until some non Christian moved in and fucked it up. He said the city is dry because of religious reasons. Everyone agreed with him.

Damn Muslims.

FireFish said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Quake got its own 'BFG Edition' now. I'm not sure how much welcomed it'd get, though.
Warning, pure speculation!

I'd say Project Ranger could be Prey 2 or whatever it is. Traveling over deserts or forests with hawks as your AI companion. Hunting deer, busting bad guys, riding horses and driving jeeps.

If I had to guess, Project Zion is Rage 2. 1 city in a baron wasteland. A city too good for the shitty wasteland outside.

Both games I imagine to be FPS. With guns. Maybe Zion will be a pretty white building and lush green forests with flowers sort of game with pretty blue skys and just a colorful game with happy shit on the surface. Then for game diversity, desert with red hues, brown sewers, green toxic waste and well you're the one that needs to do the bad shit to keep the perfect city perfect.