Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sokoro

Why are there so many guests currently?

Too many guests browsing this forum right now, They even do weird things like looking at gifs specificely.

I demand explanation, that means explanation, not some stupid off-topic posts.

"In May 2011, pro-democracy activists sued Baidu for violating the U.S. constitution by the censorship it conducts in accord with the demand of the Chinese government.[76] A U.S. judge has ruled[77] that the Chinese search engine Baidu has the right to block pro-democracy works from its query results, dismissing a lawsuit that sought to punish the company for Internet censorship. "

So judge of democratic country supports anti-democratic company? What a jerk. Why USA does not stop slavery in africa, or tortures in north korea, or freaking commies in china? Your goverment is so useless.
Don't tell me it is because they accept independence of other countries.. phe.
Then they would not try to push stupid USA laws to europe. They are just self-serving leeches and they do not care about justice or common good, like every goverment on the world. Disguisting.

I have a bad feeling of what's actually happening. For the past 20 years or so, us Doomers have slayed countless demons in various sequiels, wads and mods etc that their ghosts are coming back to haunt us.

I'm sure a lot of them are also anonymous users.

EDIT: Whoops, this forum doesn't seem to have an anonymous browsing option.

Technician said:
*NUCLEAR ANTI-HOTLINK*

Are we on the lookout for Nuclear Commie Spider-bots now? Because that shit is next level, and ain't NOBODY got time for THAT shit

Some guests are obviously going to be search engine bots, I often notice them amongst the logged-in members on other forums where they're probably hardwired into the member list. I expect there's also at least a few banned members who can't stay away from the place, and probably one butthurt individual who's attempting to DDoS the server single-handed.

Yandex gets stuck in my php sites.... forever. I end up IP blocking them.

GreyGhost said:

probably one butthurt individual who's attempting to DDoS the server single-handed.

Wouldn't that just be a DoS then? :P

Semantic douchbaggery aside, I remember a while ago I tried to DoS/DDoS my home router by copy/pasting a ping command into a shell script until the file was near a gig in size. Crashed my computer. I still have no idea why I couldn't be assed to take five minutes to learn how to write a loop in a shell script.

But anyway....even if somebody was trying to DDoS the server with only one computer how would it show more than one guest?

flubbernugget said:

Wouldn't that just be a DoS then? :P . . .

. . . But anyway....even if somebody was trying to DDoS the server with only one computer how would it show more than one guest?

They could try running several browsers at once, each accessing the site via a different anonymous proxy. Though I think Bloodshedder's blocking a lot of the more popular proxies so they might be wasting their time.

Can you guys even imagine how many weirdos were banned a while ago but keep coming here anyway? I don't actually want to know that number. There are some things man should not know.

Because it would block way too many potential visitors from accessing the site? The guests are basically harmless until they break the spam barrier, every site has them. It's just the soil ecology.