Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Patch93 said:

I'd go with GRASS2. Personally, I've had the headcanon that Phobos was a partially terraformed moon and had a rainy and foggy climate, as the SKY1 background always gave me an impression of that. (It looks like there's small patches of green on those mountains.)

To be fair, the actual Chinese mountains they're a photo of are very green. Practically swarming with fauna.

Beautiful explanation of Doom multiplayer community in a single pic. (by TerminusEst)

Chuckled at it, with the best being the developer category.

Logistic Base Zeta, remake of a map from my Katamori 1024 WAD, made after months of pause with mapping for MAYhem 2048.

That thing on the right is the startpoint.

Very nice Katamori, I can imagine the animated blueness of the teleporter and the circuit panels catching fire in the background. I hope to see giblets in the next room.

It's time that a whole new generation of Doomworlders saw the probably-never-gonna-be-released awesomeness that is Mea Culpa...

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:
<images>

If you don't mind me giving a small bit of feedback:
The first three and the last of your screenshots look nice to me, I particularly like the second one with the circle. The other two look a bit too cluttered and claustrophobic for my tastes.
If you're going for a computer-insides-type-technology look, which it seems that you are, then maybe you have to do that. But I don't find the inside of a computer particularly pleasant to look at, unfortunately. I actually find an overload of microdetail to be disorienting and confusing.

I thought this lion texture was stolen from Doom the first time I saw it in Daggerfall.

If not "borrowed" from Doom, at least derived from the same source.

I don't know the actual source, but I do know that it's public domain. From that screenshot, it would appear that they're not the same on the pixel level, but I can't tell for certain.

Not that plagiarism hasn't occurred in well known games before. I know Duke Nukem 1 has plenty of art shamelessly stolen from other games, including Duke's own face (from some Conan game or something).

http://web.archive.org/web/20070620163448/http://turrican.nemmelheim.de/news/duke/

Ah, Daggerfall, my favorite Elder Scrolls. The largest video game world to date.

That lion head comes from an image library. The original is actually a photo. Being a professional artist, i've seen that photo several times in different image libraries. It is common to find bits of stock art in video games and other visual mediums. It is similar to how sounds in video games and movies have been taken from stock sound libraries and then edited.

^ I liked your screenshot when you first posted it, and I don't particularly agree with the addition of green textures on the sides, but that's just my take on it. I might suggest to raise the sector floors that have the red lights on their ceilings, changing the ceiling to wood and placing small red torches as source of light.

Good luck with your progress.

KiiiYiiiKiiiA said:

It's time that a whole new generation of Doomworlders saw the probably-never-gonna-be-released awesomeness that is Mea Culpa...

Those shots look pretty awesome to me. Was wondering how that project was going. :P

axdoom1 said:

I thought this lion texture was stolen from Doom the first time I saw it in Daggerfall.

http://i.imgur.com/hLvdZWnl.jpg

There's also this in An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire which looks like the marble satyr texture in Doom only higher res:

NiuHaka said:

Ah, Daggerfall, my favorite Elder Scrolls. The largest video game world to date.

I think Frontier: Elite II (or its bug-ridden sequel FFE) has it beat. :p

Avoozl said:

Ooh, looks like that's 128x128. I know Cage already did this particular thing, but someone needs to put that on a marble texture - I'm interested in seeing how that would look. :D

mrthejoshmon said:

God mode helps when you have literally nothing to kill you
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/kW8uSdT.png[IMG]

Exept for the nukage, or is it water as the Casali's see it?
The shot's flat but that edge on the right and the piece of land in the middle.
EDIT, working on MAP15 of Doom0 and I'm just gathering ideas everyday by sketching it in some of the school lessons, it's big and has lots of patches and secrets.(hopefully you'll see them soon)