Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cupboard

Mafia Round 2 Town Victory!

This topic is merely fishing for anyone who is willing to participate in a 2nd Mafia game, following the path of the first. I plan to monitor this topic for a week (7+ days) to see if we can get together a few more players than last time to make things a lot more fun.

The basic idea is there are 2 teams: pro-town and anti-town. Both teams vote and discuss during the Day who they will vote to lynch (i.e. remove from the game, dead). Then everyone goes to sleep and players with secret roles send the game host (me) a private message or email saying how they will use their power. At the end of every Night, the anti-town Mafia send me a message saying who they have decided to kill. Then they go back to sleep and the next Day, the whole group gets back together and the game host says what happened during the Night (usually someone is killed or news is revealed). Then the lynch process begins again. In order to lynch a player, the whole group must decide by simple majority (51% or greater).

If we really can't muster enough interested parties then this phenomenon will be decidedly finished. ;)

participants so far:
1. GreyGhost (murdered Night 4: Townsperson)
2. Clonehunter (alive, Button-pusher)
3. Kirby (murdered Night 3: Townsperson)
4. CorSair (lynched Day 2: Doctor)
5. FreddBoy (alive, Insomniac)
6. Membrain (lynched Day 5: Mafia agent)
7. General Rainbow Bacon (alive, Townsperson)
8. flubbernugget (murdered Night 2: Psychopath)
9. stewboy (alive, Detective)
10. Doominator2 (lynched Day 3: Townsperson)
11. Krispy (lynched Day 4: Mafia agent)

I'd play again, but we definitely need more players. I wonder if Mafia could be adapted for one of the multiplayer-oriented ports?

Totally up for another round. Mafia is fantastic, and I hear that the more you play with the same group, the better the games get.

Vicious rumours, skullduggery, lynch mobs, rampant paranoia, name-calling, dark conspiracies, backstabbing, murder - and 100% cholesterol free. It's everything you could wish for in a Doomworld thread.

I would think a couple more members would want to join just so they could attempt to lynch one particular member.

I dare ye, darknation, to join and see if you don't get lynched the first night :P

Kirby said:

I would think a couple more members would want to join just so they could attempt to lynch one particular member.

I dare ye, darknation, to join and see if you don't get lynched the first night :P

Vote darknation

oh wait... oops.

Kirby said:

With my luck, I'd cast the deciding vote only to find he's the kamikaze. ;)

Doesn't the kamikaze only get his "revenge kill" if slain by the mafia?

EDIT: Nope. It's on the last guy that votes for him. I'll read the rules first next time.

Actually, I'd be super paranoid of someone voting for a guy because of his reputation. :P It's an easy way to participate as mafia without drawing too much attention.

flubbernugget said in 1st Mafia thread:
So what exactly was the big red button going to do?

In the first game, when the Button-Pusher pushed the Big Red Button, he would get a reply PM from me saying something along the lines of "You get the secret power to send a message to anyone in the game. Just tell me that person's name and what message you want to send and I will send your message to that person. They will only be informed that the Button-Pusher has used his secret power to contact you." Essentially, I would be used as a medium so as not to reveal the Button-Pusher's identity.

But that was just the 1st game. Now I am going to change it to something else for the 2nd game. Who knows what it will be.

Also, bumping to encourage further sign-ups.

Ok, I will incorporate some more local flavor into the story writing when it merits it. I am just finishing typing up the messages now. Last call for participants!

There are 11 players. 2 mafia agents, 1 doctor, 1 detective, 1 button-pusher, 1 insomniac, 4 townspeople, and 1 psychopath. I reworked the psychopath's role so it is more of a wildcard ability: Psychopath gets one target per night, 25% chance of protecting their target, 25% researching that person's role, 25% chance of sending that person a secret message, 25% chance of roleblocking the person.

Everyone has received a PM from me about their secret role. Please reply to that PM so we can get started. In the game you are able to lie or tell the truth about your role, but you can't communicate via PM to other players, just talk in this thread about your suspicions.

All the roles were assigned randomly. If you played or didn't play in the previous game, it will have no impact on what role you were assigned this time.

Let the lynching begin!

Depending on the roll of the die, it looks like the Psychopath could be a help or hindrance in each round.

I remember trying to get a Mafia game going on newdoom years ago - was a complete flop.

The next game should be a video game/doom themed Mafia. Good luck with this :)

Hmm, with more abilities this time, it's gonna be... An experience no doubt! Let the backstabbing begin!

DAY 1

*The bells of Post Hell chime in the near distance*

*the sun rises over the village of Doomworld, the smell of the dead is overwhelming.*

Another day, another Brandon D. Lade smurf is banned. There is little to take comfort in, for the Mafia have returned, unleashing a horde of horrendous threads on the good people of Doomworld. "What if John Carmack and John Romero got together and produced a Doom sequel?", "Where does Ultimate Doom's Episode 4 ACTUALLY take place?" "Why does Doom 2 suck so much more than Doom?" - the townspeople have no champion, no vigilante party to save them this time. These are grim times which call for the old hangman's noose.

Who among you is the mafia scum? Who is innocent? Only 2 of you have yet to confirm your roles, which means we have enough to get started.

With 11 of you registered, it takes 6 votes to lynch. PLEASE write all your votes in bold text.

Since I'm probably gonna get brunt from last game, I'll start flinging the shit...

By random gut feeling, Clonehunter seems to have something going on.

Well, since we have NO idea who is who yet, its up to my random number generator. After shouting up to my fiancée in the bath to pick a number between 1 to 11 (but not 5!) She chose 7. So without further ado...

Vote General Rainbow Bacon