Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tylerisepic1

New Call of Duty game.

Yaaay.

But seriously, really? Why not actually take the time to make another game than to just spit them out once per year?

From the looks of the trailer, it just looks like CoD: Ghosts 2.

Also, look at the FREAKING TITLE. Very genius there, huh? Totally doesn't sound like three other freaking games in the series.

Your thoughts?

Trailer

Tylerisepic1 said:

But seriously, really? Why not actually take the time to make another game than to just spit them out once per year?

Because following this formula has been quite profitable, and as long as it remains so, there's no real incentive to change.

This statement addresses all the other points in your post as well.

There are people who's entire video game experience is yearly sports games plus CoD releases. Maybe GTA once in awhile? To them, consistency is a good thing. I'm not saying I like it, I'm just saying that it's a very financially successful set of products and ideas such as "innovation" don't really factor into the way things get made.

Yep, yep. Give me iteration over innovation any day. Praise the Sun!

They are making these games just like Doomworld mappers keep making Doom wads so I'm not sure if we are in the position to complain. :P

And here I was hoping they might FINALLY return to a World War II era Call of Duty. There are hundreds of war stories that could easily make another fantastic game, yet the last good WWII first person shooter was back in 2008 (CoD: World At War.) They could dive into the more horrifying aspects of WWII and cover the holocaust or the Nazi's infatuation with the occult. The improved graphics of next generation consoles could create an enveloping war experience similar to Saving Private Ryan or The Pacific.

I guess it's all about the flashy guns and vehicles these days. You'd think people would be tired of modern shooters after 6 straight years...

60 dosh (Plus funderful DLC to boot) for more of the same 4 years back? Hot Dog.

Memfis said:

They are making these games just like Doomworld mappers keep making Doom wads so I'm not sure if we are in the position to complain. :P

I feel like the incentives differ enough between the two, that it isn't hypocritical to complain about one thing while making the other.

Memfis said:

Pretty hard pressed to find Doom wads sold for money like CoD games are...

We here at Doomworld want to pump out vanilla maps at a rate the consumer market can just barely keep up with and charge as much as possible while just barely retaining our fanbase!

It's a plan that's sure to work.

>mfw Kevin Spacey's likeness inserted into next Call of Dicks game
>mfw the name "Frank Underwood" probably crops up in some character's dialogue as a cross-marketing easter egg.
>mfw I have no face

Can you really blame 'em for shitting out a new CoD sequel every year? They friggin' sell like hotcakes, and each one seems to top to the last. It's not like gamers are forced to buy each new installment. Don't get me wrong, I don't care for CoD myself, and really haven't played one since CoD 3 on the Wii, but people get angry at the publisher for shoveling out this shit, when I believe the real fault lies in the consumer who keeps buying it. If a CoD game ever took a real hit in sales, it might give them reason to pause and maybe rethink their strategy, but they just keep making buckets of money. Wouldn't you keep doing the same thing, too, if you were a game publisher and you saw that it made you a shit-ton of money?

RUSH said:

They could dive into the more horrifying aspects of WWII and cover the holocaust or the Nazi's infatuation with the occult.

Well the Nazis and the occult would be a case of the truth being stranger than fiction, and the masses as a result would call bullshit on it for being "unrealistic."

The Holocaust is obviously too controversial for mainstream video games. But here's the thing; I can't put my finger on what makes it so obviously controversial other than a gut feeling. Movies tell us of the heroism brought out by the Holocaust which seems like something that deserves to be highlighted. I can't imagine a first person shooter scenario where Holocaust victims are being rescued that doesn't make me feel, well, uncomfortable.

Memfis said:

The difference is, there is more diversity both quality and style of Doom maps. Besides, Doom seems to be more like game with fuckload of DLCs, free of charge. :P

New Call of Duty game looks just like a Call of duty game. More at 11.

Blah blah blah, looks like the same boring-ass fps like any other call of duty only with diffrent guns.

Jesus Christ, what's with all these artificial movies taking over the trailers? Are they out of game designers and full of screenwriters?

Fuck yeah power words: America, Democracy. wup wup wup dubstep, "slowdown", camera panning and empty shells flying, drones, mechs, destruction. This is the template of fps gametrailers nowadays. Nope nope nope for me.

I'd like a WWII Call of Duty where you play as the Nazis. I'm tired of the WW2 shooters where it's all Allies-Brits-Soviets all the freaking time.

doomgargoyle said:

I'd like a WWII Call of Duty where you play as the Nazis. I'm tired of the WW2 shooters where it's all Allies-Brits-Soviets all the freaking time.

I'm still waiting for accurate fps game that is dedicated for german side of war only. Why cant gamestudios make one without fear of demonising.

Tylerisepic1 said:

Yaaay.

From the looks of the trailer, it just looks like CoD: Ghosts 2.

Also, look at the FREAKING TITLE. Very genius there, huh? Totally doesn't sound like three other freaking games in the series.

Your thoughts?

Trailer

Because you need to make money every year. Because a game every year will still make a lot of money. Kevin Spacy is the new flavor to do not movies. He's called talented while other actors are called handsome.

I'm not buying it and neither should you.

Why buy the next CoD when you can buy one of them and get the entire series down to a T in just one game?

Waffenak said:

I'm still waiting for accurate fps game that is dedicated for german side of war only. Why cant gamestudios make one without fear of demonising.

Some time in the late future people most likely won't give a shit about it anymore and they will be able to make games where you play as the German side.

doomgargoyle said:

Somehow that game would appeal to anti-CoDers. There's a legitimately good story there. Nazi's pretty much conquered Europe in 2 years was it? You play as conquerors and the game ends before the whole losing WW2 thing. Empire Earth 1 covered a pro Nazi campaign that was pretty good, but that's a RTS. I'm all for a pro Nazi game. Heck you don't even need to call them Nazi's or staple a country to them, just call them 'the Power.'

Call of Duty series is like life
Starts out fun and exciting, eventually turns repetitive and dull.

@40oz below: I'm certainly not :P I'm hoping he finishes at least E1 before COD dies.

All this really means is chubzdoomer is making a funny sequel to call of dooty green ops to release coincidentally on the same day. Who's complaining?

Tylerisepic1 said:

Do you not know what Brand Awareness is?

mrthejoshmon said:

I'm not buying it and neither should you.

Thanks but no thanks on the life advice

mrthejoshmon said:

Why buy the next CoD when you can buy one of them and get the entire series down to a T in just one game?

Why buy Doom 2 when I can buy Doom and get the gist of things?

Actually, that *is* a good question.

187 million sold in the franchise history.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=call+of+duty

If its only on next gen that would be a giant mistake. It needs to be on PS3 and especially XB360.

Sadly Battlefield Franchise has sold 36 million. They don't have yearly releases.

I've never actually played a CoD, but the numbers mean $$$. Activision stock is at $21 and EA is at $35. But EA has sports and Sims while Activision HAD Guitar Hero.

Lol The beginning of the trailer just makes me laugh.

"Democracy?,DEMAWCRASSY!"
Now who thinks that Call of Duty, Primeval Warfare is next?