Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nathan92

Doom redesigns

Hey guys, been a while since I last posted art here! Drew up a Cyberdemon redesign, had a lot of fun with it, so I'll probably do some more enemies soon.

Interesting approach. Instead of a beefy (heh), threatening foe; it looks more sickly and corrupted. Less of a monster and more of a freak, in a way.

Interesting idea, although the eyes look vacant rather than soulless: hopefully you get the gist of what I mean.

Yeah, wanted to go with something a bit more reserved and gothic-inspired in ways.

Obsidian said:

Interesting idea, although the eyes look vacant rather than soulless: hopefully you get the gist of what I mean.

Kinda, goats eyes are like that, but I think I could push it a bit.

definitely looks more frightening than the original Cyberdemon, whose appearance is more menacing. i find that i'd be scared to find out what THIS Cyberdemon would do to me, while with the original one, i'd have a fair idea of what will happen.

Fast goat cyberdemon running towards you clawing your face off while doing goat voices would be more frightening than beefy slow cyberdemon

Drew up the Lost Souls!

Doomhuntress said:

definitely looks more frightening than the original Cyberdemon, whose appearance is more menacing. i find that i'd be scared to find out what THIS Cyberdemon would do to me, while with the original one, i'd have a fair idea of what will happen.

Thanks! Definitely wanted to go on the side of unnerving rather than overtly scary and monstrous.

Waffenak said:

Fast goat cyberdemon running towards you clawing your face off while doing goat voices would be more frightening than beefy slow cyberdemon

Still really like the original cyber-demon, but wasn't really a fan of Doom 3's design, as much as I like the game. After how well I liked the game, the lumbering faceless design was kind of a letdown, wish it'd been more on the creepy side, rather than hulkish.

Personally, I find that cyberdemon hilarious looking. It's like an animatronic wildebeest got stuffed into a suitcase for several years and was only recently pulled out, like what happened to Hoggle.
I like those Lost Baby Souls, they don't look like they have any real teeth, so I guess they'd just have to ram Doomguy with their foreheads.

Cool art you've got there. I really liked that CyberDemon design, can't wait for the others.

really digging the lost infant souls. I could only imagine their shreeks would be like a crying baby. it's like the cherubs meet the lost souls