Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geekmarine

BFG Steam Sale

Just a head's up, in case anyone is looking to pick up the BFG edition, it's on sale for $4.99 on Steam today as the daily deal (for Saturday, May 10). I don't know how many people are out there interested but haven't picked it up yet, but I figured it'd be worth mentioning.

geekmarine said:

Just a head's up, in case anyone is looking to pick up the BFG edition, it's on sale for $4.99 on Steam today as the daily deal

In Valve's infinite wisdom, $4.99 translate to €7.49 if you had the bad idea of being born in/moving to the eurozone.

I dont think the BFG edition is worth it if you already have Doom 3 and the RoE expansion. Just get sikkmod and you'll have a better looking doom3 than the BFG edition offers.

doomgargoyle said:

I dont think the BFG edition is worth it if you already have Doom 3 and the RoE expansion.

Basically this, but even then if you don't have either you're better off getting the originals for mods and original less-casual gameplay meaning without the overabundance of extra ammo and overdone lighting which kills the point in using the built-in flash light.

Lost Mission is worth $5. I paid $20 myself, and I don't think that was too much. I've played through it multiple times, enough to get my money's worth and then some.

Quasar said:

Lost Mission is worth $5. I paid $20 myself, and I don't think that was too much. I've played through it multiple times, enough to get my money's worth and then some.

Buying BFG edition only for Lost Missions is pretty pointless. Lost Mission was pretty short and they re-used the guardian boss from Doom 3 for the ending battle. Pretty crappy. Could anyone confirm, whether it runs on XP at all though? Or is it win7 only?

I nabbed it while it was still going. Haven't tried BFG Edition yet, nor have I played through Doom 3 in like seven years, so meh.

Gez said:

In Valve's infinite wisdom, $4.99 translate to €7.49 if you had the bad idea of being born in/moving to the eurozone.

yeah, that's why i decided not to bother. nevermind the fact i actually own all of the games in the pack aside from the bonus content, and i don't hold any particularly strong bonds towards NRFTL, really.