Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtimZarr

Doom 3 Editor Bug

EDIT: Never mind. Got it fixed finally!

Hello,

This is my first time posting on these forums, and I wanted to ask a question regarding the Doom 3 Editor (wasn't sure if this was supposed to be posted here or on the Doom 3 section, whatever).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZAIKmxi6Es&feature=youtube_gdata

Recently, I have been having a problem with my Doom 3 Editor. No matter which map I edit on, even ones I already finished prior to this bug's arrival, all maps are affected.

What happens is that anytime I create an entity, then press ESC to de-select, the entity becomes "invisible" and I cannot re-select it later.

At first, I assumed it was my keyboard. It wasn't, the ESC function is normal.

And so, whenever I save and load the map, all the entities are still there, meaning they were "invisible" and no deleted.

I have a slight suspicion that this may be a setting enabled of some kind, but I have not found anything so far that could cause this.

Anyways, I have included a video at the top of this post, starting from Doom 3's startup to the map's loading (just in case anybody sees anything).

If anyone can provide help of any kind, that'd be greatly appreciated. I'd love to be able to go back to editing.

Thanks again,

Cat God25 said:

Look under View>Show and check 'Show Entities' is ticked.

Well, the option is ticked. However, interestingly, when I tried to disable it, it needed two clicks to confirm. Then, when I ticked the option to enable it, the light and spawning points can be seen now.

However, monsters are still not being shown for whatever reason, and I tested by adding another enemy to the map.

EDIT: Never mind. Got it fixed finally.

Not sure if relevant, but I have noticed that after loading the map, the textures area in the editor shows textures found in the map itself. For example, I see the textures of the imp, LMS marine, doom 3 icons, loading screens and whatever else. I don't think it ever did that, but I could be wrong.

Perhaps some texture setting is enabled?

If anybody has any idea on what might bring the monsters back, it would be really appreciated.