• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whoo

TNT 2: Devilution (Texture Pack in OP)

Superluigieth1 said:

I'll take MAP13.

Name: The Lost Crater.

Description: An abandoned space station.

Whoo said:

There is no slot reserving. Make a map for a slot and submit it for consideration.

purist said:

You're probably better off visiting the IRC channel. I think most the project activity happens there now. Same as the TWID projects.

I didn't get any feedback anyways.

So, how far along is this WAD? I see the project has been active for a while and it's certainly living up to its name for what it looks like. Hope it doesn't do a Mordeth. :D

Amph said:

where is it?

I don't have anything common with TNT2 project, but I believe that unless you're a developer or playtester, you can't access the wad in this stage.

I've been waiting for feedback a whole weeek, but didn't get anything either here or at the IRC thing. My map is in the previous page.

I message Whoo recently but did not get a reply, has anyone seen him around?

TNT2: Business as Usual.

Pottus: We have an active irc channel now.
If he doesnt respond, we have other non-essel people that can help you.

Pottus said:

I message Whoo recently but did not get a reply, has anyone seen him around?

Must not have gone through, as I don't have anything in my inbox. Shoot me another message or hop on IRC.

Alright, post some screens when you make some progress!

sincity2100 said:

Here's my WIP on Processingcontrol's map,going to a Dark Techbase on this one

Man, all these shots are flat, expect for the 2nd one.

I can't remember off the top of my head if the map was originally textured like that, but remember to try and get some more contrast in there. Right now I'm seeing a lot of brown and not much else.

^ Can you at least out some pillars there? Because you can't fight hitscan enemies like that.
EDIT: It's symmetric too, yuck.

Contrast is looking a bit better (long as the whole map isn't looking that brown it's fine as is), though I have to agree with essel on the seg/visplane limits since you're not using chocorenderlimits. The ceiling lights are a bit of an overkill anyway even if you aren't breaking limits. Try to just replace all of those with two giant lights and see how that looks. The SHAWN2 border around them could also probably be ditched to free up some SEGs.

Still liking the progress though, so keep it up. For now I would mainly focus on getting the map done from start to finish with all the gameplay elements implemented before you start detailing everything.

joe-ilya said:

^ Can you at least out some pillars there? Because you can't fight hitscan enemies like that.

Eh, it depends on how many hitscanners are in there and where the entrance(s) to the room are. For example, if the entrance was near where the second shot is it wouldn't be a problem because all your high-damage hitscanners would all be right in front of you.

An update from my side; in the next week or so I'll be do some polishing up with my collab between myself and Christian, and after I've done I'll send it for further polishing. :)

Also, I have an old collaboration map that was started sometime in 2010 (or 2011) that went into development hell, I'm polishing it up and doing a massive overhaul and deleting the areas that aren't salveagable, it's going to be a short Thy Flesh Consumed styled map with keys that you can obtain in any order and with some chaotic game play, when I've finished the layout and polishing is about 80% done I might send it to see if it's worth the extra 20%. :)

Superluigieth1 said:

Thanks, I'll update it to my full map (may take 2 days)

Months passed and still nothing?

I'm still working on mine, it slowed down due to a HD crash but there's not much left to do really.

sincity2100 said:

Map Shots

Seeing a lot of square rooms with stuff in the middle and symmetrical rooms that amount to hallways connected to boxes which doesn't exactly make me super excited. I guess I need to see the overall map layout.