Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Professor Sir

What's the most badass (in your eyes) thing you've ever done in Doom?

The above. For example, maybe you managed to win a back-from-the-brink victory or you killed that pinky with true style.
Either way, what's your best?

Please don't say you killed the cyberdemon with a shotgun. Everyone can do that. Everyone.

Nothing special by resident users' standards, but I'm really proud I managed to beat E4M2 on UV -fast from pistol start (as I've mentioned on a number of other occasions).

Professor Sir said:

Please don't say you killed the cyberdemon with a shotgun. Everyone can do that. Everyone.

Does that count when I do it with the regular shotgun and cramped space?

I opened nuts.wad and typed in tntem.

It was a glorious but brief symphony of death. It was... beautiful. Complete with a midi rendition of Led Zeppelin's Kashmir.

Managed to play through all vanilla Doom 2 with no sound whatsoever, and using only keyboard didn't know about source ports back in dem days. Also once i won a zdaemon dm match with 60 frags, 13 frags ahead of the second place haha.

Beat Doom 1 and Doom II UV, keyboard only, no auto run, having to press shift + arrow to strafe, on DOS. I actually did the same with Quake II because that's the way I was used to play back then. I only got to mouse when I got my ass kicked in Quake II deathmatches.

Doominator2 said:

I killed a Cyberdemon from start to finish using fists.

So what? I do it at least twice a day (since, we all know, I play Doomguy's Pimp Ventures at least twice a day).

I think taking out a Spider Mastermind with a single BFG ball gives me a warm feeling inside. You never want to waste a tracer if you don't have to.

I don't have just one moment, but it feels great to beat "pros" in a deathmatch, especially when my ping is 300 and theirs is like 90. Doesn't happen a lot, but when it does, feels guud. (Especially if they're pretentious..)

-three archviles dead in one BFG shot?
-or several zombies dead in one SSG shot?
-beating entire levels without taking damage?

most of these are pretty damn generic in some peoples' eyes though.

Maes said:

So what? I do it at least twice a day (since, we all know, I play Doomguy's Pimp Ventures at least twice a day).

Aww thanks alot maes for making me feel like a noob :(

Doominator2 said:

Aww thanks alot maes for making me feel like a noob :(

if you've played Doomguy's Pimp Ventures, you'll know that "fisting" a Cyber to death isn't exactly a hard thing to accomplish. ;3

For me it was the first time i saw doomguy's face get that evil grin while blasting weak monsters away. Never felt quite as badass again. A shame really.

Chainsawing two Barons of Hell at the same time on the end of Fava Beans' E1M8 at the first attempt without dying. Granted I had a lot of health/armor but still.

Beating Demonologist's "Ex Tenebris" also ranks up there for me.

Something about dancing through a crowd of weak enemies with a weapon that puts each individual down quickly makes it my favourite feeling. Especially if you follow one of your rockets in to clear the initial space. Extreme example would be the secret 100 imp berserk fight I put into E2MWalter, but my MAYhem 2012 MAP06 optional plasma gun fight definitely does it too.

Minigunning an arch-vile and being lucky with the painchance, so that I don't need to hide/release the fire button.