Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
j4rio

Unholy Realms Demopack [-complevel 2]

Semi-fillerish Pacifist for map 04 in 0:30. I haven't been releasing many demos lately :/.

Edit: For the demopack, whoever will compile should rename this to ur04p030 since it's Pacifist.

ur04-030.zip

Kotzugi said:

Nicely done Veinen. Shows what difference an optimal route can make. I was just too damn scared to get into that closed off area (where the monsters teleport in, near the yellow door) without my plasma gun - meant that I had to run a few detours.

I don't know about "optimal." You can open the blue key door from outside by alerting the shotgun guy next to the door. That's a quicker route to the super shotgun and should result in a faster demo (I tried it and got under 5 minutes early on, but I forgot one monster). I might make a demo soon as well.

4shockblast said:

I don't know about "optimal." You can open the blue key door from outside by alerting the shotgun guy next to the door. That's a quicker route to the super shotgun and should result in a faster demo (I tried it and got under 5 minutes early on, but I forgot one monster). I might make a demo soon as well.

Really now, I did not know that was possible. Definitely changes things quite a bit.

Veinen said:

Really now, I did not know that was possible. Definitely changes things quite a bit.

The door only requires a key to open from one side, and the shotgun guy right next to it is just barely possible to shoot through the window with a chaingun or shotgun. Sometimes takes two shots for him to notice.

4shockblast said:

Semi-fillerish Pacifist for map 04 in 0:30. .

Map 4 is bugged so will most likely cause desync once fixed (...ffs, Snakes, get it together).

j4rio said:

Map 4 is bugged so will most likely cause desync once fixed (...ffs, Snakes, get it together).

Yes, I know. I'm still having trouble solving the issue with the Map23 bug and don't want to release another "final" wad until I make a 100% sure-fire last fix to all maps. Please focus on other maps until that point.

On the subject of map 04, is there any way to get out of the first enclosure if you jump into it from the middle bridge? I accidentally fell in there once, and it seemed like I was stuck, and I couldn't find any triggers in Doom Builder 2 to open the door.

Nevan said:

Or maybe because some monsters won't appear.

That or I dunno where they are. Here's a demo for you all to enjoy and to see if there's something wrong. Searched everywhere I can.

desynchs for me. which version u using? D:

Nevan said:

21 max in 2:39

Neat demo. The close-encounter with the manc was a fun moment. Might want to fix that .txt though - still shows time as 7:21.

Snakes said:

It's looking more and more like I need to change the mechanics of Map23 in certain parts as I just can't fix that goddamned bug. So screw up, I'll upload the Map04 fix and worry about it later.

I get no desyncs for my map 04 speed :). Can everybody else play it back correctly with the new version as well?

Soooo... a year has passed and the final bugfixed version (that doesn't break stuff which has been previously fixed already) is still nowhere in sight, so I'd say it's safe to say that all contributions may be uploaded to DSDA by now, if contributors agree.

Note to self: no bugged up wads next time.

I even forgot what bugs were the issue... before the "fixed" version reintroduced bugs from the betas...