Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grain of Salt

If you have 0 armor and pick up an armor bonus, what armor class do you have?

Does it bump you up to green armor protection level? Does it give you the same protection as 0 armor? Neither of those things?

Really, I should know this, but for some reason I don't.

It's green armour, so 33% damage reduction. Of course, it won't make much of a practical difference if you do only have 1% armour, merely serving as one extra hitpoint if you take 3 damage or more. If you do have blue armour already, then the bonuses stay at 50% damage reduction until you hit 0% armour.

While Megasphere is worth blue armor, I just figured out why it's (partly) named so; Megaarmor+Soulsphere.

ASD said:

Mega[/b]armor+Soulsphere.

Wow, why did I just now figure that out?

Megasphere actually has the same effect like picking up a megaarmor and 2 soulspheres at once. :p

Yeah, the wordplay is nice and I have never noticed it, good find.

ASD said:

Mega[/b]armor+Soul[b]sphere

Oh wow!... lol... I like that. I might subtly sneak that into my mod if there is room for it in the model texture or something.

Bullshit, megasphere is not megaarmor + soulsphere, it's megaarmor + 200 hp and there is no item for 200 hp. So it's probably not really a wordplay.

Memfis said:

Bullshit, megasphere is not megaarmor + soulsphere, it's megaarmor + 200 hp and there is no item for 200 hp.

As I said, 2 soulspheres over each other. :)

Memfis said:

So it's probably not really a wordplay.

It might or might not be an intentional wordplay by the creators of Doom, we never know.

Memfis said:

Bullshit, megasphere is not megaarmor + soulsphere, it's megaarmor + 200 hp and there is no item for 200 hp. So it's probably not really a wordplay.

I don't think it was the intention of the creators but it is cool enough for my imagination.

Speaking of armor, how is damage calculated when decimals are involved?

Like if you had 1/3 protection on a 20% attack, 1/3 of 20 is 6-2/3 (armor you would lose) and 2/3 is 13-1/3 (health you would lose). Would the armor actually get rounded down to 6 and make your health/armor loss spread 14/6 as opposed to 13/7?

Another example is 1/3 protection from a 25% attack. A third of 25 is 8-1/3 while two-thirds of 25 is 16-2/3. Would the damage be rounded up to 17, making the health/armor loss spread 17/8?

Does Doom, when it has these situations, always just round up the health value to the next number?